The White Sox are missing the energy several guys provided

VAfan

The Sox seem lethargic.  Going through the motions.  Biding time until the playoffs begin.  I wouldn't read too much into this stretch, as I think the Sox will find their mojo before October rolls around.

But I do think they are missing several guys who would add more energy to the club.

1. Billy Hamilton.  He may be rah-rah in the dugout, but having him occasionally in the field adds juice to this team and gets other guys riled up.  Also, if Billy hits, everyone is motivated to hit so they aren't upstaged by Billy.

2. Gavin Sheets. Much better to have a rookie trying to make it in MLB than a vet like Jake Lamb, at least in terms of energy.  If Lamb was producing, this might be different.

3. Jake Burger.  Same as for Sheets.  With Burger, you can have a platoon with Sheets.  Burger can give Moncada some rest at 3B, or DH if Eloy is in LF and Vaughn is in RF.  The Sox don't have anyone else who can stack their team with right handers when Engel is out.  

And when we see Danny Mendick flailing in the batters box, don't you pine a bit for Leury Garcia to be back?   

A big part of the story for the Sox this year was how well the AAA guys filled in when Eloy and Robert were hurt.   Now that they are back, I think the Sox have lost some of the edge that they had.  We also miss Nick Madrigal's energy, though that's not coming back.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VAfan said:

The Sox seem lethargic.  Going through the motions.  Biding time until the playoffs begin.  I wouldn't read too much into this stretch, as I think the Sox will find their mojo before October rolls around.

But I do think they are missing several guys who would add more energy to the club.

1. Billy Hamilton.  He may be rah-rah in the dugout, but having him occasionally in the field adds juice to this team and gets other guys riled up.  Also, if Billy hits, everyone is motivated to hit so they aren't upstaged by Billy.

2. Gavin Sheets. Much better to have a rookie trying to make it in MLB than a vet like Jake Lamb, at least in terms of energy.  If Lamb was producing, this might be different.

3. Jake Burger.  Same as for Sheets.  With Burger, you can have a platoon with Sheets.  Burger can give Moncada some rest at 3B, or DH if Eloy is in LF and Vaughn is in RF.  The Sox don't have anyone else who can stack their team with right handers when Engel is out.  

And when we see Danny Mendick flailing in the batters box, don't you pine a bit for Leury Garcia to be back?   

A big part of the story for the Sox this year was how well the AAA guys filled in when Eloy and Robert were hurt.   Now that they are back, I think the Sox have lost some of the edge that they had.  We also miss Nick Madrigal's energy, though that's not coming back.  

Definitely agree it seems like a lull. it also corresponds with a tough stretch. At the end of the day, i dont know about this board but the last few weeks have been tough to get up for even for myself. I find myself watching like 2-3 innings and turning it off. Regardless if they're winning or not. It's the dog days of August and unless your team is in a hunt for a playoff spot there seems to be a let down. Of course ours is a good one being up so many games, but I'd think that has something to do with this, along with the noted points above. Come a week from now we'll have expanded rosters and some of these guys back plus the end of the season divisional games which should allow us to start rounding into shape and hopefully a hot streak. 

Hoping the Cubs series brings some energy, along with an off day in there, pirates and another off day. should really put us in a position to get on the right track. then you have teh expanded rosters and finish with Texas, Detroit, and Cleveland for 5 all on the road. Home for good against Cinci for a tiny series which should be nice in terms of a tougher team, plus a team playing for something in the NL and then Detroit for 3 more. Hopefully that sets us up well where we're home on september 27th for approximately 2 weeks .... the last series + the WC play in games, plus the days off before the ALDS starts. If we have home field advantage for that series we'll be home through October 10

A vanity search of his tweets will reveal every tweet he’s made about La Russa the past 12 months has been negative, except for one complimenting him for wearing a mask. 

He just doesn’t like him. He was never voting La Russa and it’s disingenuous of him to pretend it was a consideration. 

edit: There’s a handful of replies pointing out he’s being selective in what he’s seeing (omitted the hug afterwards) and what Tony was yelling at him for (not looking over to the bench). 

Edited by IWokeUpLikeThis