AND THAT’S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

Greg Hibbard

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Robert looked sensational. Moncada seems to be picking it up a bit. Eloy is Eloy. I am hopeful that getting TA back may light a fire under them and then Grandal will be the final piece of the puzzle. Would hate to see the sputtering of the last two months continue into the postseason. Even when they win they ruin my night.

I'd love to see Yoan keep that Slugging % above .400. That's very low and not asking for much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

There we go. Keep on hitting like that and the hits with runners on will follow. 

Sox took only 2 walks.. 18 hits with a bunch of walks get you a bunch of runs but not many with just 2 walks..  We also got thrown out in the bases I believe three times.  We failed to hit and run and played station to station, waiting for a homer.  One homer did come from Abreu that  produced three runs.  When we hit homers we normally win.  When we play station to station and hit into several double plays and not hit homers, we normally lose.

2 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

He's the man to get you a ground ball when you want to turn two to get out of an inning.  Bummer's sinker too, but that's been more unreliable.

Main concern with Keuchel is the gopher ball when he is wild in the zone, contrary to Bummer who is all over the place and does not give up many homers.

17 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Abreu will probably have 100 RBIs before September starts. This will make his 6th 100 RBI season in his career. By the end of the year he will be approaching 800 RBIs for a career. Yes, Jose has always been a choker.

The man is a run producer and a damn good one....period.

Nice to see the runs early.  Cease was awesome, probably the best he's looked all season for 7 innings.  Hendriks pitched out of a couple jams.  Nice win against a good team.

With the way Abreu, Moncada, Eloy, and Robert are hitting right now, this team looks to be much better once TA and Grandal are back.

30 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Nice win tonight playing with less than our full complement of weapons.  We need to rethink some of our sending players' home decisions of late.  Some of these decisions have been suicide missions.

I’m with you here.

7 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Main concern with Keuchel is the gopher ball when he is wild in the zone, contrary to Bummer who is all over the place and does not give up many homers.

In that case, what the hell is he good for?  Better not be wild in the zone when you're throwing at junk speed.

5 hours ago, poppysox said:

Nice win tonight playing with less than our full complement of weapons.  We need to rethink some of our sending players' home decisions of late.  Some of these decisions have been suicide missions.

All our heavy artillery was in the front lines of the lineup, the back of the line up was shooting BB guns and rubber bullets.   Hope that Joe is  getting advised not to be too aggressive sending guys home, particularly with less than two outs, and slow runners like Vaughn and Collins.