8/25 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Giolito vs. Ray, 6:07pm CDT

Capn12

I'm on a roll today boys. Definitely in the running for winning the day with the most liked content. In the terms of total liked content rankings, I trail right behind Balta (somehow. I'm guessing he cheated) and am in front of kylee (obviously). 

Be sure to hit the like button if you enjoy my content. I think I've got today locked down. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I'm on a roll today boys. Definitely in the running for winning the day with the most liked content. In the terms of total liked content rankings, I trail right behind Balta (somehow. I'm guessing he cheated) and am in front of kylee (obviously). 

Be sure to hit the like button if you enjoy my content. I think I've got today locked down. 

Where do I subscribe to your content?

17 minutes ago, ron883 said:

😑

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

Going to be a little bit of a roster crunch in this next week to 10 days.

I think we see Yaz and hopefully Engel on Friday.

Yaz takes Collins spot.

Engel takes Mendick's spot.  

Rodon takes Wright's spot??? I think we could maybe see a surprise there with the Sox optioning ReyLo instead as purely an administrative move to keep Wright in the org.  They probably don't want to DFA Wright as besides ReyLo, we legit have no starting options if needed.  Could maybe see a Lamb DFA here too.    

When rosters expand in September, we then need to find room for Billy, ReyLo (under that scenario), Marshall (when he's ready), and perhaps Collins again as I could see the Sox wanting to carry 3 catchers.  Also Mendick is left off September roster in this scenario.  Maybe Marshall never returns, and Sox just roll with 2 catchers in September, but there is definitely a crunch coming.  Going to be interesting to see how they manage it.  

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Going to be a little bit of a roster crunch in this next week to 10 days.

I think we see Yaz and hopefully Engel on Friday.

Yaz takes Collins spot.

Engel takes Mendick's spot.  

Rodon takes Wright's spot??? I think we could maybe see a surprise there with the Sox optioning ReyLo instead as purely an administrative move to keep Wright in the org.  They probably don't want to DFA Wright as besides ReyLo, we legit have no starting options if needed.  Could maybe see a Lamb DFA here too.    

When rosters expand in September, we then need to find room for Billy, ReyLo (under that scenario), Marshall (when he's ready), and perhaps Collins again as I could see the Sox wanting to carry 3 catchers.  Also Mendick is left off September roster in this scenario.  Maybe Marshall never returns, and Sox just roll with 2 catchers in September, but there is definitely a crunch coming.  Going to be interesting to see how they manage it.  

I think Yas will move Seby.  Seby has already burned an option this year.  If you send him down, you can call him back on 9/1.  If you send down Collins, you burn an option for like 4 or 5 days of a roster spot.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You are on my SoxTalk Mt Rushmore (along with tray, chitownsportsfan, & Harold's Leg Lift). I hand out trophies like candy to that foursome. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I think Yas will move Seby.  Seby has already burned an option this year.  If you send him down, you can call him back on 9/1.  If you send down Collins, you burn an option for like 4 or 5 days of a roster spot.

True and good point.  Though that is a 1 for 1 swap and really doesn't impact the crunch we're going to see one way or the other.

With Rodon coming back tomorrow, that move will actually happen before Yaz/Engel so maybe...

• Rodon for Mendick
  • Yaz for Seby (Friday)
  • Engel for Wright DFA? Lamb DFA?
  • Then next Wednesday
    • Billy takes 1 spot
    • Seby back for the other?    
    • Still leaves out Mendick and Marshall, but that's probably going to be play now that I've thought about it some more. 
    • I thought I read somewhere at some point that of the 2 extra roster spots in Sep, 1 had to go to a pitcher.  If thats true, that whole theory in the trash. 

I admittedly find way too much enjoyment in back of the 26/8 man rosterbation, but I guess I am a Sox nerd like that. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Don't count those chickens ron, it is early and you have an entire game's worth of GT to get through.  You are gonna need to bring your A game for tonight's contest.  I've seen too many "leaders" in the middle of a slow afternoon that lose it once TLR makes a questionable move or an 8th inning implosion occurs.  Be vigilant!!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Don't count those chickens ron, it is early and you have an entire game's worth of GT to get through.  You are gonna need to bring your A game for tonight's contest.  I've seen too many "leaders" in the middle of a slow afternoon that lose it once TLR makes a questionable move or an 8th inning implosion occurs.  Be vigilant!!!

This is a good point. Appreciate the advice. I'll be canceling date night with the lady tonight so this can have my full attention.

Sorry my lady, I've got important business to attend to on Soxtalk. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

This is a good point. Appreciate the advice. I'll be canceling date night with the lady tonight so this can have my full attention.

Sorry my lady, I've got important business to attend to on Soxtalk. 

I am afraid I cannot help you in your quest however…I currently have a cheek full of chaw so I don’t think I should upvote you at this time….it might send a wrong message to the kiddies.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Where are these stats?

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic