8/25 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Giolito vs. Ray, 6:07pm CDT

Capn12

Just now, Friend of Nordhagen said:

If we think Katz should be pitching coach of the year for what he's done with Rodon and Cease, he should be fired for his work with the bullpen.

I mean, not really -- but man.

There were signs at the end of last year that a lot of these bullpen guys weren’t nearly as good as they have looked.

• Like 1

Eh, whatever.  Not happy and there are obviously problems with this team's approach, both in the batter's box and in the pen.

That said, tomorrow is the last game of this absolutely BRUTAL August schedule and we get to head back home on Friday.  These guys are pros, just gotta hope they can figure it out.  There's simply too much talent on this roster and too many good outings from our SP to be under .500 since the break.

• Like 1

We will beat up on pirates and cubs and other bad teams at the end of the year but I think I have learned a lot from watching this team play against good teams and good pitchers. We will be lucky to win a game in the 1st series v Astros 

• Like 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

We will beat up on pirates and cubs and other bad teams at the end of the year but I think I have learned a lot from watching this team play against good teams and good pitchers. We will be lucky to win a game in the 1st series v Astros 

That’s unfortunately my mindset as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

He’s getting paid millions to suck, I’m sure he’ll be fine. 

Just don't understand why he didn't have leash tonight, whereas better pitchers (Kimbrel one runner, Tony brought Bummer in to replace Kimbrel and blow it), and Kopech (2 base runners) had a leash. 

29 hits and 3 6/7 inning 1 run starts should get you more than 1 win in 3 games.

tonight's goats were TA and Yoan, if those guys don't produce we're not going anywhere, doesn't matter what the pen does.  Just have to get hot in October. I know Yoan had the bloop RBI but he's just not producing like he's capable right now and TA is just man, he's having an odd year.  game to game he either looks like an all star or like a scrub. no consistent hitting.

eloy was bad too but he's still working back so whatever. same with robert.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic