8/25 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Giolito vs. Ray, 6:07pm CDT

Capn12

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Ray does that to a lot of players/teams. Sox let him off the hook a few times late unfortunately. 

He threw an absolute meat pitch to Vaughn in the 7th that he popped up. Leury did a great job of not trying to pull the ball against Ray. Surprisingly, Leury was one of the few players who didn't get dominated by him tonight. Probably because he had a good approach up there against him. If you try to pull Ray's slider, you're gonna have a bad time. 

Just now, 2Deep said:

With it being get a way day tomorrow I'm sure we will have our who gives a fuck lineup out there.........although they may be better

Honestly would have rather just pitched Keuchel and let Rodon pitch Friday. Gives them better shot at winning at least one of the next two.  I bet we see Mendick at 3rd tomorrow.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

With it being get a way day tomorrow I'm sure we will have our who gives a fuck lineup out there.........although they may be better

TA probably getting the day off tomorrow since it's a day game after night game. 

9 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

We will beat up on pirates and cubs and other bad teams at the end of the year but I think I have learned a lot from watching this team play against good teams and good pitchers. We will be lucky to win a game in the 1st series v Astros 

they're gonna get their asses handed to them by the Astros or Yankees

13 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I know Yoan had the bloop RBI but he's just not producing like he's capable right now and TA is just man, he's having an odd year.  game to game he either looks like an all star or like a scrub. no consistent hitting.

Yo has literally been the hottest hitter on this team over the past 2 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Honestly would have rather just pitched Keuchel and let Rodon pitch Friday. Gives them better shot at winning at least one of the next two.  I bet we see Mendick at 3rd tomorrow.  

Believe it's likely Tim rests in a day game following a night game, with Mendick at short.

Tony may give Yoan (Garcia) and Robert (Goodwin) a day off tomorrow as well, bring the core home healthy for Friday.

If they have to play TB and Toronto without home field, it is going to be a dicey proposition.

18 minutes ago, wegner said:

Wow how did you blow such a big lead ron?  You're like the Aaron Bummer of Game Thread upvotes.

Unfortunately he broke some rules on this board and abused the feature. He has been reported and will have to face the consequences. 

Edited by ron883
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

They have to get healthy and stay healthy. An injury to Yoan, Timmy or Grandal would kill this team.

FWIW--I think an injury to Lynn or Gio might be worse. TA is certainly a key on both sides of the ball.  Grandal has historically been a bust in postseason play.  Maybe with his limited play this year he will reverse his late season problems

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

so should they make it the Mariners are the favorite?

The Mariners traded away their closer so not exactly the same team any more. In fact, that closer, Graveman, is 1-0 with a 1.64 ERA since taking over the 8th inning for our prospective playoff opponents in Houston.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Mariners traded away their closer so not exactly the same team any more. In fact, that closer, Graveman, is 1-0 with a 1.64 ERA since taking over the 8th inning for our prospective playoff opponents in Houston.

23 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

26-14 in 1 run games, most wins in baseball. Your logic is dumb AF, no 

Edited by ShoeLessRob
Disregard this post, I misread the team name. Sorry

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic