8/25 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Giolito vs. Ray, 6:07pm CDT

Capn12

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This is who Tony pulled Kimbrel for with 2 outs on Friday.

Now Ruiz is in, no Kopech, no Kimbrel. Moncada lets one through.

After burning Hendriks last night, I can't complain about this bullpen usage tonight. I didn't like how they burned Kopech last night, but this one even I can't hang on LaRussa. Kimbrel shouldn't pitch 2 innings every time out.

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

At what point does this team feel embarrassed? 

Same formula as last year.  Beat up on crap teams.  Lose to good teams and then hope to catch lightning in a bottle in the playoffs.  Remember anything can happen...until its required to play quality baseball against quality opponents.  Then the wheels come off the bus.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Sox have a chance to win. Who does Tony put in?

Put in Kimbrel? No it's not a save situation.

Kopech? No, it's not a save situation.

Ruiz, the low man on the totem pole? Why of course.

Right now I am not sure any choice out of the bullpen is any better than anyone else.

4 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Scouting report against the Sox pen is clearly wait for the heat and go the other way.  Just every game, we see teams doing it.  Need to attack the top of the zone with the heat more often and throw more breaking balls for strikes instead of chases.  

We need a catcher.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Same formula as last year.  Beat up on crap teams.  Lose to good teams and then hope to catch lightning in a bottle in the playoffs.  Remember anything can happen...until its required to play quality baseball against quality opponents.  Then the wheels come off the bus.  

I don't think they can beat anyone now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

We've been playing like the 3rd best team in this division for more than two months now. I can't envision this team sniffing a title this year unless they wake up. 

They’re tired.

If this team doesn’t have at least a 3 run lead heading into the late innings, they are almost guaranteed to lose.  Loser mentality.  Horrible offensive approach.  Bullpen that routinely shits down their pantaloons.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

After burning Hendriks last night, I can't complain about this bullpen usage tonight. I didn't like how they burned Kopech last night, but this one even I can't hang on LaRussa. Kimbrel shouldn't pitch 2 innings every time out.

Agreed he shouldn't start the inning, but why didn't Bummer have the same leash like Kimbrel (one runner) or Kopech (two runners)?

And once the run is allowed, wouldn't you want Kimbrel or Kopech in to try to keep it at one? Ruiz or Wright are literally the lowest options. Tony refuses to go to his best late if the score is 1 run behind, many times he doesn't like using them in a tie game since they can't get a precious hold or save.

8 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Scouting report against the Sox pen is clearly wait for the heat and go the other way.  Just every game, we see teams doing it.  Need to attack the top of the zone with the heat more often and throw more breaking balls for strikes instead of chases.  

Which is even more maddening when you look at how Tony is calling shifts…they’re playing the 2B up the middle while righties go the other way.  It makes absolutely no sense. 

• Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic