8/25 White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Giolito vs. Ray, 6:07pm CDT

Capn12

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

ESPN has that if you click expanded standings.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/standings/_/view/expanded

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

bro how is it 2021 and you don't have this yet:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/standings/_/view/expanded

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Mariners traded away their closer so not exactly the same team any more. In fact, that closer, Graveman, is 1-0 with a 1.64 ERA since taking over the 8th inning for our prospective playoff opponents in Houston.

I'd give my left nut to open against the Ms in the playoffs.  They suck ass and are lucky.  I'd take a shit team like that in the playoffs 10/10 and never ever look back. I don't care if they are 162-0 in 1 run games with a +162 fun differential.

The 8 th inning killed the Sox once again.  The Kimbrel/Hendriks Killer endings have not panned out so far.  Didn’t like Bummer coming in the 8 th with all those righties coming in.  But What were the options.  Why do we have Wright and Burr for?..  One of them should have pitched the 7 th and keep Tepera for the 8 th.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Thank you for swinging at ball 4 twice Andrew.

Jays wanted to give Andrew a walk,but he would not take it.  He has been a double play machine.  He has not been hitting with men on base. I would have run with Robert on the 3-2 count.  TLR just sitting back waiting for a 2 run homer, and not putting runners in play and not moving the Jays infield defense around. . It is not happening.

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Team is just dead. They coasting. Know they have it in the bag

Cívale and Bieber are scheduled to come back Sept. 1, so let’s not get too confident.  Need to get back to winning baseball. Let’s manage the bullpen better, control the 8 th that it’s been killing us.

We have a terrific top 3 in the rotation poised to take us deep into October...as long as the offense and pen doesn't let us down.  I'm not sure my nerves can take watching any postseason 8th innings.

1 hour ago, ShoeLessRob said:

He’s really bad.

Gordon also called for the need to throw a double play ball, and there were 2 outs.  He talks too much without thinking.  He feels the need to be talking 100% of the time.

Edited by hankchifan

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

We have a terrific top 3 in the rotation poised to take us deep into October...as long as the offense and pen doesn't let us down.  I'm not sure my nerves can take watching any postseason 8th innings.

I forgot how stressful meaningful pitches are.  Honestly I'm a diehard fan of a lot of teams but baseball is the only sport that I feel sometimes I just want to not watch.  Shit is just painful.  Same thing I had during the playoffs last year in the last game I just turned it off, couldn't stand to watch.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

With Hendriks seemingly out today and tomorrow, no I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use Kimbrel to keep it a 1 run game.  It's just not a high leverage spot any more.

Should have brought Kopech in the 8 th.  Tony does not like to bring our top relievers unless we are winning.

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Should have brought Kopech in the 8 th.  Tony does not like to bring our top relievers unless we are winning.

Kopech pitched yesterday. If they aren’t pitching him back to back yet, then that’s the deal.

The season is 162 games for a reason.  Not everything that happens is an indication of what will happen in the playoffs. 

There is a lot more to be positive about than negative.  

This team will get on a roll at full force soon, and the rest of the league will be terrified.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Come on man.  There isn't a player alive as talented as Robert that would say that had anything to do with the outcome of his AB.  If you're distracted by the runner going 3-2 you're usually failed out of ball way before MLB.

Don’t understand your point.  Robert runs , Vaungh ground ball may not have been a double play, and it was a 3-2 count.  A lot of runners go on 3-2 counts.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I forgot how stressful meaningful pitches are.  Honestly I'm a diehard fan of a lot of teams but baseball is the only sport that I feel sometimes I just want to not watch.  Shit is just painful.  Same thing I had during the playoffs last year in the last game I just turned it off, couldn't stand to watch.  

I hear you.  I have literally paced the living room floor in the late innings of a stressful Sox game.

Just now, Sambuca said:

The season is 162 games for a reason.  Not everything that happens is an indication of what will happen in the playoffs. 

There is a lot more to be positive about than negative.  

This team will get on a roll at full force soon, and the rest of the league will be terrified.

maybe.. but this team has been below average or average for months now.

it could change.. but right now?

not very good

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic