Extra vendors being brought in

southsider2k5

44 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Everybody is short everything when you make no effort. Go try and find a White Sox listing looking to hire. I don't think one can ...

True, I was at a huge home improvement store recently, stood by the paint desk for some time w no one around, ended up calling the store and had the receptionist page someone for me. Arghhhh

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

It’s always a useful thought exercise to ask oneself “how much would they have to pay me to do this job and put up with all of its b.s.?” and from there, the understanding of why no one’s interested in doing it at the offered wage.

And have to wear a mask in hot weather for five hours, and risk injury lugging 2-3 cases of beer up and down long aisles for hours each game, not to mention COVID.

Vendors laid off last season due to the lockdowns may still be eligible for unemployment at or equal or higher rate than what they would earn part time with the Sox’ TP running concessions, including the dues kick back due to SEIU. Hard pass.