8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT

Time for the Sox to begin a new streak.

Probable Starters: LHP Carlos Rodon (9-5; 2.38 ERA) vs. LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu (12-6; 3.54 ERA).

Lineups To Be Released before the game.

Let's do this!

Game Preview: https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/gameday/white-sox-vs-blue-jays/2021/08/26/632724#game_state=preview,game_tab=,game=632724

Also, this is the "Free Game of the Day" on MLB.com, though it may be subject to blackout because MLB is ridiculous: 

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/live-stream-games/2021/08/26?&affiliateId=editorial

White Sox Lineup

1. Tim Anderson (R) SS
2. Luis Robert (R) CF
3. Jose Abreu (R) DH
4. Eloy Jimenez (R) LF
5. Andrew Vaughn (R) 1B
6. Cesar Hernandez (S) 2B
7. Brian Goodwin (L) RF
8. Leury Garcia (S) 3B
9. Seby Zavala (R) C
Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

We have 69 strikeouts to just 10 walks over the last 6 games. Not going to get easier against Ryu

The White Sox behind Dallas Keuchel defeated Hyun-Jin Ryu on June 10th at home 5-3.

Carlos Rodon faced Toronto three times in his career, all three no decisions, including a 6-1 White Sox win on June 8th, after he gave up 1 run in 5 innings, with the Sox scoring one in the seventh and five in the eight to make a winner out of Garret Crochet.

Speaking of which, Garrett Crochet has pitched sixteen times in the 8th inning, posting a 1.26 ERA over 14 1/3 innings. Pass this stat along to Shelley Duncan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

A win today puts us at 7-7 during the Yankees, A's, Rays, Jays stretch. I'll take that.

Or a loss today and 2/3 losses to the Cubs erodes confidence.  I don't like cruise control..almost never use it on my Porsche.  Drive hard into the playoffs with momentum. That is what the Yankees are trying to do.

1 minute ago, tray said:

Or a loss today and 2/3 losses to the Cubs erodes confidence.  I don't like cruise control..almost never use it on my Porsche.  Drive hard into the playoffs with momentum. That is what the Yankees are trying to do.

Uh, no, the Yankees are trying to make up for an early sizable deficit, but sure.

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Let’s be honest…losing 2/3 at home against this Cubs roster…seems unlikely. That would be a bit of an anomaly even if the white Sox had been on fire.

10 minutes ago, tray said:

Damn, you have a Porsche?!?!?! Thanks for letting me know.

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

We won't be seeing Danny Mendick today.

I've always wondered about something like this. Do you think they let Mendick know he was most likely going down when Rodon got activated, or do you think they sprung it on him after the game yesterday?

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I figured Wright would go down when Rodon returned and Mendick would go when Engel returned. Not sure what the value is in keeping Wright around (not that there's a lot of value in keeping Mendick around either).

We have 1 other person who can play IF, who isn't currently a starter.  It kind of amazes me to be honest.

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I've always wondered about something like this. Do you think they let Mendick know he was most likely going down when Rodon got activated, or do you think they sprung it on him after the game yesterday?

I wonder same, I would think the latter at least to keep him on his toes to motivate him, but what the hell do I know??

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic