8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT

15 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The White Sox behind Dallas Keuchel defeated Hyun-Jin Ryu on June 10th at home 5-3.

Carlos Rodon faced Toronto three times in his career, all three no decisions, including a 6-1 White Sox win on June 8th, after he gave up 1 run in 5 innings, with the Sox scoring one in the seventh and five in the eight to make a winner out of Garret Crochet.

Speaking of which, Garrett Crochet has pitched sixteen times in the 8th inning, posting a 1.26 ERA over 14 1/3 innings. Pass this stat along to Shelley Duncan.

Someone must have passed this info to TLR tonight.  Glad Bummer is grabbing some bench tonight.

Observations from game tonight.:  Cesar Hernandez looked good tonight.  Looks like that day off did him some good.  Hope Engel gets back soon.  Would like a permanent day off for Goodwin.  His OF defense has been atrocious.  He has been badly exposed.  Leury had a good game also.  Better than Mendick or Lamb. When we hit homers we normally win. We survived the 8 th.inning today.

5 hours ago, Pants Rowland said:

He's brutal but I will say I'll take him over Len Kasper any day. There is something about Len on the radio that really pisses me off. The order of information and the way he delivers it sucks in my opinion. He also quotes stupid stats about random immaterial things happening in unison for the first time in 106 years. It's that dumb stuff that appeals to Cub fans. 

Tonight Bacon and Sox math at the same time was hard to take. Gordo also gave us the news that his grandfather went to Georgia Tech, and his father played football at South Carolina.  Very important points for the game tonight in Toronto.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Man if you think Gordon Beckham is that bad, you haven't listened to enough bad announcers.

What do they think is so bad about Beckham? Just his voice itself? Are all fan bases this grouchy all the time? Maybe.

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Their rotation beyond Lucas and Dallas were the problem.

However, the bullpen angst is still overdone here, people only remember the bad outings, Crochet's and Tepera's outings out of mind. All their numbers are still solid.

Tepera and Crochet have been our best relievers the past week.

6 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Tonight Bacon and Sox math at the same time was hard to take. Gordo also gave us the news that his grandfather went to Georgia Tech, and his father played football at South Carolina.  Very important points for the game tonight in Toronto.

All good broadcast teams and Chicago sports have had great ones for a long time, have periods of conversating. Most teams have complete homers who spend the whole game being cheerleaders and boring cheerleaders/ticket sellers at that. I realize our guys are homers too but traditionally they've also told it like it is. Hawk told it like it is; Stoney does; Jason is good leading in that direction. Farmer, rest his soul, and DJ also told it like it is and Kasper is respected as well.

I think Sox fans could get used to Beckham's voice if that's the problem.

Edited by greg775

7 hours ago, chw42 said:

Kopech's slider is what's causing him to have all these struggles. His fastball was amazing today and they refused to throw it to get guys out. He gave up 3 hits on the slider. 

Who is calling for the slider, the bench, Sevy on his own or Kopech on his own?

5 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Who is calling for the slider, the bench, Sevy on his own or Kopech on his own?

Michael is just working on some things like in Spring Training.  Like Beckham said, these games don't really matter.

7 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Tepera and Crochet have been our best relievers the past week.

30 years ago Tepera might have been a closer. Throws strikes on the corner and keeps the ball down. Id rather see him out there

than our other guys. That said, it looks like GC could be a force for a long time.

15 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Crochett is now the 8th inning guy.  Period. Don't care whose feelings get hurt.  This is why TLR was hired, if he can't make this call he shouldn't be here.

I don’t think he is the 8th inning guy. Bummer pitched the night before and Hendriks wasn’t available (TLR said 2 days ago Kimbrel would get closer duties 2 days in a row). So I’m not sure who else TLR would have used but I wish he would use Crochet more, at least better than how he has handled him so far.

Edited by manbearpuig

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic