8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT

Toronto's Lineup is out, Springer remains on the IL.

Dickerson and Gurriel are out, Kevin Smith and Reese McGuire are the new players today.

1. Bo Bichette (R) SS
2. Marcus Semien (R) 2B
3. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (R) 1B
4. Teoscar Hernandez (R) RF
5. Alejandro Kirk (R) DH
6. Santiago Espinal (R) 3B
7. Randal Grichuk (R) CF
8. Kevin Smith (R) LF
9. Reese McGuire (L) C

Clearly they are going to limit starter innings moving forward, so they're keeping Wright. I think they'll flip that for the playoff roster. 12 pitchers max is my guess. I hate watching them back into the playoffs, personally. Even if it's not predictive for playoff success, watching the last two and a half months has been a drag. I have TA's dead legs and I'm not even playing.

Sox lineup released. Tim remains in the lineup, Yoan gets the day off, Zavala returns behind the plate.

1. Tim Anderson (R) SS
2. Luis Robert (R) CF
3. Jose Abreu (R) DH
4. Eloy Jimenez (R) LF
5. Andrew Vaughn (R) 1B
6. Cesar Hernandez (S) 2B
7. Brian Goodwin (L) RF
8. Leury Garcia (S) 3B
9. Seby Zavala (R) C

If they can pull this one off it'll be .500 ball against Yankees, A's, Rays and Jays the last four series.  Some ugly losses in there but if you had told me at the beginning of this stretch they would go .500 I would have taken it.

We really need Engel to be healthy. When he’s out, we don’t have a reliable RF to take over his spot and it kind of messes with the lineup. We should’ve went after one at the deadline but now we definitely have to go after one in the offseason.

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, maloney.adam said:

We really need Engel to be healthy. When he’s out, we really don’t have a reliable RF to take over his spot and it kind of messes with the lineup. We should’ve went after a RF at the deadline. Now we definitely have to go after one in the offseason.

If Engel returns healthy in 2022, and Vaughn is also capable of playing there, why would we need a RF in offseason?

6 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

If Engel returns healthy in 2022, and Vaughn is also capable of playing there, why would we need a RF in offseason?

Engel is not an everyday RF. If you really believe that, I don’t know what to say. Vaughn can play RF but I would rather he stick at DH/1B.

Edited by maloney.adam

Engel is not an everyday RF. If you really believe that, I don’t know what to say.

Eh, I disagree. I do believe he can play 100 games there and be just fine - IF he's healthy. Vaughn can split time in RF/LF/1B, Jose can play one more season at 1st primarily while sharing the DH load with Eloy and 1st with Vaughn, while Eloy plays the other half of LF. We will have another Goodwin like OF somewhere anyway. Engel is a much better offensive weapon since his age 27 season and he's always been a great defender, so I would like to see him have more of a workload if he's healthy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Eh, I disagree. I do believe he can play 100 games there and be just fine - IF he's healthy. Vaughn can split time in RF/LF/1B, Jose can play one more season at 1st primarily while sharing the DH load with Eloy and 1st with Vaughn, while Eloy plays the other half of LF. We will have another Goodwin like OF somewhere anyway. Engel is a much better offensive weapon since his age 27 season and he's always been a great defender, so I would like to see him have more of a workload if he's healthy.

If Engel can stay healthy and that’s a big if. I would rather they go out and get a legit RF in the offseason and end the experiments in RF. 

If Engel can stay healthy and that’s a big if. I would rather they go out and get a legit RF in the offseason and end the experiments in RF. 

I can understand that, but who? Who is the option?

If Engel truly can get healthy, do you agree his offensive numbers alone (21 doubles, 3 triples, 16 homers over his last 462 PAs) deserve starter time?

He has 1.3 bWAR in like 100 ABs this season...

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic