South Side Hit Men

8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT

Is there a pitch Leury doesn't like?

Compare and contrast how hard the Sox outs have been compared to the Blue Jays non-Semien hits in this game. I think the baseball Gods want us to lose.

Crochet in the 8th, is the right choice. Now, lets hope he gets it done.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I forget Crochet is on the team once a week. He isn't used consistently. 

He doesn't appear in enough games or get used enough while he's in. He should be pitching 2 IP consistently.

Just now, Timmy U said:

You gotta pinch hit here, right?  With Moncada?

Starters getting the day off have not been used as pinch hitters. Doesn't mean they couldn't go to Lamb though.

I really would hate to have a lost a whole season of Kopech in the bullpen if he can't be counted as high leverage man in October to hopefully get us deep into the playoffs. 

This development sucks, in fact the entire bullpen situation is very disappointing.   We have a month to get this right.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Kopech must be tipping his pitches. He got rocked that inning. 

Everything Kopech gets lit up he is tipping pitches. When Hendriks gets lit up, he isn't angry enough on the mound. These should be easily avoidable with proper coaching. 

There’s no one else you’re even going to consider letting Lamb hit for.  He has to be used there.

LaRussa has managed this game like he has managed most of this season: Like it doesn't matter whether they win or not. It's August and he's managing it like it's a spring training game.

• Thanks 1

Just now, fathom said:

There’s no one else you’re even going to consider letting Lamb hit for.  He has to be used there.

Mike Wright and Lamb both look like wasted roster spots right now

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

LaRussa has managed this game like he has managed most of this season: Like it doesn't matter whether they win or not. It's August and he's managing it like it's a spring training game.

Trying to figure out which moments he does and doesn't consider high leverage is incomprehensible to me

• Like 1

LOL.  I think he didn't use Lamb to avoid the DP, knowing Seby would K and Tim gets to bat.

• Like 1

For Toronto that would have ended up fair

Edited by almagest

Just now, Timmy U said:

LMAO.   They had a 9-2 lead until Kopech's ineptitude.

Yeah, that's so on LaRussa. 

• Thanks 1