8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I just tried switching back to the Sox broadcast and I lasted all of 30 seconds listening to Bacon.  I don't know how you guys are doing it.

He's brutal but I will say I'll take him over Len Kasper any day. There is something about Len on the radio that really pisses me off. The order of information and the way he delivers it sucks in my opinion. He also quotes stupid stats about random immaterial things happening in unison for the first time in 106 years. It's that dumb stuff that appeals to Cub fans. 

• Love 2

19 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

What is he supposed to.  The bullpen isn't getting it done, there is no magic bullpen arm.   Maybe leave Rodon in but in reality with a 9-2 if your bullpen cannot hold the lead you deserve to lose and there is nothing the manager can do about it.  

Specifically, I was suggesting he pinch hit for Seby.

1 minute ago, Pants Rowland said:

He's brutal but I will say I'll take him over Len Kasper any day. There is something about Len on the radio that really pisses me off. The order of information and the way he delivers it sucks in my opinion. He also quotes stupid stats about random immaterial things happening in unison for the first time in 106 years. It's that dumb stuff that appeals to Cub fans. 

Len's call of Timmy's homer in Iowa is one of my favorite all time calls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I just tried switching back to the Sox broadcast and I lasted all of 30 seconds listening to Bacon.  I don't know how you guys are doing it.

I like him. He loves baseball which we all do and he's into it. One problem is he pronounces a few words in an annoying manner but you can get used to it. I don't like Len's nasalness for instance and DJ can be kind of monotone.

Give me Jason, Stoney and a side order of Bacon and I'm good.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pants Rowland said:

The fan stereotyping is dumb enough, now we gotta create new ones?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Snopek said:

The fan stereotyping is dumb enough, now we gotta create new ones?

I typically couldn't care less about the Cubs and their fans. However, they have a ton of casual followers and sometimes it's tough not to roll my eyes at the dumb random baseball "trivia" they regurgitate. It's a lot like the silly stuff on the jumbotron at Sox Park. It sounds intelligent but it's really useless and meaningless. Len tends to cite crap like that too often. 

But I digress. Len is fine on TV but TA's walkoff notwithstanding, he is a pretty mediocre radio play by play man. Way better than Conner McKnight but both of them have a bad habit of tripping over their tongue before telling you what happened. Too often you don't know if it's a strike/ball, flyout/HR, or a pop foul is playable or not. until well after the play ends. The best guys get to the point quickly and then fill in the blanks. I think Len does a lousy job of it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's not complicated. Craig Kimbrel closes shit.  That's what he does.

Whatever is best for the team I guess...but demoting the guy who is leading the league in saves because the other guy can't adjust to being a set up man doesn't quite sit well with me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic