8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I see your pretty close to winning the day hi....more back and forth madness on the way??

I could careless about such accolades. The like system being introduced on the board after a version update probably is the only feature that wasn’t beneficial.

Soxtalk is still my favorite place on the Internet.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

I could careless about such accolades. The like system being introduced on the board after a version update probably is the only feature that wasn’t beneficial.

Soxtalk is still my favorite place on the Internet.

The back and forth was kinda funny yesterday whoever was doing it.

Soxtalk is quite enjoyable...I agree.

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

The back and forth was kinda funny yesterday whoever was doing it.

Soxtalk is quite enjoyable...I agree.

Always fun to bring about jest during an otherwise shitty game.

11 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Unfortunately Ron is mysteriously missing otherwise the three stooges would still be intact. 🀔

When I woke up in the middle of the night, the first thing I did was check to see if Ron won. When I read Hawk’s call of Ron’s “Dewey defeats Truman” victory, it redeemed a bad day and I had a sound night of sleep. 

4 minutes ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

When I woke up in the middle of the night, the first thing I did was check to see if Ron won. When I read Hawk’s call of Ron’s “Dewey defeats Truman” victory, it redeemed a bad day and I had a sound night of sleep. 

2-F725-BE2-C6-BA-441-C-8899-10102-FB57-E2-F

Just now, wegner said:

I fell asleep knowing Ron had won....I woke up in the morning to obviously another 8th inning implosion.

I don’t know why or when this “winning” a day became important or a thing.

13 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Look out folks. Cleveland is going to be one whole game over .500 and will only be 9 back still.

Shake in your boots.

The Sox are currently 1 1/2 games up on Boston for that 2nd wildcard...that is the race to watch since the Tribe is destined to pass us for the division this year.

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

The Sox are currently 1 1/2 games up on Boston for that 2nd wildcard...that is the race to watch since the Tribe is destined to pass us for the division this year.

The absurdity of it all.

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Look out folks. Cleveland is going to be one whole game over .500 and will only be 9 back still.

Shake in your boots.

Oh I’m shaking in my shoes alright. I need some reassurance that everything is going to be ok. 

Edited by maloney.adam

3 hours ago, Pants Rowland said:

I typically couldn't care less about the Cubs and their fans. However, they have a ton of casual followers and sometimes it's tough not to roll my eyes at the dumb random baseball "trivia" they regurgitate. It's a lot like the silly stuff on the jumbotron at Sox Park. It sounds intelligent but it's really useless and meaningless. Len tends to cite crap like that too often. 

But I digress. Len is fine on TV but TA's walkoff notwithstanding, he is a pretty mediocre radio play by play man. Way better than Conner McKnight but both of them have a bad habit of tripping over their tongue before telling you what happened. Too often you don't know if it's a strike/ball, flyout/HR, or a pop foul is playable or not. until well after the play ends. The best guys get to the point quickly and then fill in the blanks. I think Len does a lousy job of it. 

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the majority of both fans and executives who make hiring decisions (Sox & also Fox Baseball where currently works, the Brewers, Marlins and Cubs before that) consider Len an excellent broadcaster.

I was skeptical regarding his voice at first, but grew to appreciate him greatly during the Spring Training broadcasts. I for one am very happy the Sox acquired him, joining Elson, Brickhouse, Caray, Rooney and Farmer in the Sox’ great pantheon of radio play by play broadcasters. Hope he continues on White Sox radio for a very long time.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic