8/26 Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays 2:07 PM CDT

40 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Engel is not an everyday RF. If you really believe that, I don’t know what to say. Vaughn can play RF but I would rather he stick at DH/1B.

Engel is 100% an every day OF if healthy. He's put up 1.7 fWAR in just 69 games over the past two seasons. That said, the lineup is short on LH hitters so at least one of OF or 2B needs a LH bat for next season that's better than Cesar/Goodwin/Lamb.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I can understand that, but who? Who is the option?

If Engel truly can get healthy, do you agree his offensive numbers alone (21 doubles, 3 triples, 16 homers over his last 462 PAs) deserve starter time?

He has 1.3 bWAR in like 100 ABs this season...

16 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Engel is 100% an every day OF if healthy. He's put up 1.7 fWAR in just 69 games over the past two seasons. That said, the lineup is short on LH hitters so at least one of OF or 2B needs a LH bat for next season that's better than Cesar/Goodwin/Lamb.

In his 5 year career he’s only played over 100 games in a season once. Obviously last year doesn’t count, but he still only played 36/60 games. He shouldn’t be relied on as a starter since he has never shown able to handle it. He’s a 4th outfielder on a good team where he can play 3-4 times a week giving players a break and coming in as a defensive replacement 

Edited by ShoeLessRob
If he ever shows the capability to succeed and stay healthy in his current role, then sure maybe we can pencil him in as a starter down the road.

59 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Engel is not an everyday RF. If you really believe that, I don’t know what to say. Vaughn can play RF but I would rather he stick at DH/1B.

Why?   He's more than adequate in the OF after just one season playing the position.   He'll only get better. 

Eloy is the one that needs to be convinced to never ever see the OF again.    Leave Vaughn in LF for the next 6-7 seasons.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I can understand that, but who? Who is the option?

If Engel truly can get healthy, do you agree his offensive numbers alone (21 doubles, 3 triples, 16 homers over his last 462 PAs) deserve starter time?

He has 1.3 bWAR in like 100 ABs this season...

Starling Marte, Kris Bryant to name a few. I agree those are good stats but he hasn’t played that many games over his career so I don’t know how you can rely on him being an everyday starter when he is injured quite a bit. He’s got to prove that he can play a full season before penciling him in as an everyday starter.

10 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

In his 5 year career he’s only played over 100 games in a season once. Obviously last year doesn’t count, but he still only played 36/60 games. He shouldn’t be relied on as a starter since he has never shown able to handle it. He’s a 4th outfielder on a good team where he can play 3-4 times a week giving players a break and coming in as a defensive replacement 

Yep, Engel is a 4th OFer, when he can stay healthy. Problem is, we haven't seen that 'when' part yet.

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Clearly they are going to limit starter innings moving forward, so they're keeping Wright. I think they'll flip that for the playoff roster. 12 pitchers max is my guess. I hate watching them back into the playoffs, personally. Even if it's not predictive for playoff success, watching the last two and a half months has been a drag. I have TA's dead legs and I'm not even playing.

I have a feeling they will turn it up towards the end if September when all the other teams that had to fight for the playoffs are resting their starters. Hopefully it when the Sox get hot.

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I have a feeling they will turn it up towards the end if September when all the other teams that had to fight for the playoffs are resting their starters. Hopefully it when the Sox get hot.

82a6d0770aeaafbae8f26bf40a822b9b79a5c412

Edited by hi8is
  • Love 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic