September Call Ups

maloney.adam

1 minute ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Gavin Sheets.

Punt Jake Lamb into the sun if we have to. Gavin should either be added as the call-up, or take Lamb's position outright to allow them to bring someone else up.

I would only want Sheets if he was going to get majority of the RF at bats (or DH if Vaughn and Eloy are both out there).

With 3 catchers, they likely go with 12 other position players and 13 pitchers.

If Engel and Hamilton are both activated, one current player must go to accommodate both (Lamb?).

Sadly, it’s likely Sheets and Burger aren’t promoted, to accommodate Goodwin, possibly Lamb. JFC

Fearing Engel doesn’t return with all the delays and setbacks this season.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It needs to be a 3rd catcher as they will be conservative with Grandal until close to playoff time.

Hamilton will get one spot and the third catcher will get the second.  I predict that Seby will get roster spot 28 after being sent down for 4 days when Grandal returns.

I imagine that they will send Seby down for the 4 days as he's already used an option this year while Collins has not used an option this year and it would be crazy to blow an option year for 4 days. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gogosox1959 said:

It needs to be a 3rd catcher as they will be conservative with Grandal until close to playoff time.

Hamilton will get one spot and the third catcher will get the second.  I predict that Seby will get roster spot 28 after being sent down for 4 days when Grandal returns.

I imagine that they will send Seby down for the 4 days as he's already used an option this year while Collins has not used an option this year and it would be crazy to blow an option year for 4 days. 

Does he have to stay down for 10 days?

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Does he have to stay down for 10 days?

I don't know whether or not the September 1 callup date is an exception to that rule, but if not, then just send down Lopez or Ruiz for 10 days so Seby can stay. With 2 days off next week and 2 opponents with weak lineups coming, they should be able to manage a pitcher short for 10 days.

Edited by WhiteSoxFan1993