Lynn currently Cy Young favorite

southsider2k5

I still think he'll win it.  Basically, Cole's season has a lot of highs and lows.  I think at the end of the day, he likely gives up a ton of runs in one of his last starts.  Keep in mind, Cole will have to face Tampa twice.  Cole got shelled against them in his last start.  Lynn's has been a straight line.  Lynn just needs to get 30 more innings.  He averages 5-6 innings a start and he should get there still.  And if his ERA stays steady or declines a little bit, I think he's in good shape.  I just think traditional metrics kind of go out the window when it comes to Cy Young this year.

4 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I think Cole is surging right now but he's also prown to more disastrous starts than Lynn, especially against the Rays.  To me, it's going to come down to how Cole pitches against the Rays.  If he gets lit up, Lynn will win.

Lance's biggest issue is that he's probably not even gonna qualify for any leaderboards since he won't even pitch 162 innings. Both Ray and Cole are gonna get near 200 and Lynn, if he's back this week, might only get to around 155-160. The Cubs start also ruined his ERA to the point where Cole and Ray are just as competitive and that was the only thing he really had going for him.