Lynn currently Cy Young favorite

southsider2k5

27 minutes ago, Quin said:

You're named after Danny fucking Wright.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Danny Wright. I went to Yankee Stadium on my birthday many years ago, and Danny beat the Rocket and the Yankees quite handily. Jeff Leifer hit one into the 3rd deck. iIRC the only run Danny allowed was an Alfonso Soriano homer.

The very next day Miquel Olivo made his major league debut. I remember seeing him talking to Manuel and a couple of other coaches in the hotel lobby early that morning when I was going to get some breakfast.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Ray helped his chances as the Cy Young favorite today against the Rays. Seven innings, one earned run, thirteen strikeouts and no walks. Toronto is playing terrific baseball currently. Hopefully, it won't last if they play the White Sox post season.

Frankly, I'm ok with Toronto playing good baseball against the White Sox in the postseason.

Because that means the White Sox made the ALCS, and the White Sox would even have home field advantage. So, bring it on.