Winner, winner, poutine dinner!

CentralChamps21

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Should have been 9-5 but whatever, that's a good road trip.

I'll take 7-7. We just needed to look competent during this stretch and I'd say we were despite how grueling and frustrating some of the losses were. 

Just now, chw42 said:

I'll take 7-7. We just needed to look competent during this stretch and I'd say we were despite how grueling and frustrating some of the losses were. 

I mean you can see how much more deadly the offense is with Eloy and Robert back, which is a great thing.  The bullpen, well, there's some time to get that shit straightened out thankfully. 

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Blue Jays are good, I see them making the playoffs in the next couple years, the Rays can't keep dominating the East can they?

As always, depends on pitching. Not easy to replace Ray and Semien. TB isn't going away and Red Sox will have Sale for an entire season.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

As always, depends on pitching. Not easy to replace Ray and Semien. TB isn't going away and Red Sox will have Sale for an entire season.

I think Sale is probably done as a TOR guy.  He might be able to give them like 130 innings around 120 ERA+.  That division is still New York's and TBs imo.  Semien is a huge loss, he's a legit MVP contender and losing him alone moves them down about 6 projected wins.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Robbie Ray is gonna be a great pickup for whoever signs him, I see him getting a similar deal to the one Lynn signed, probably an additional year

Relieved to see the win after the Jays got close. Nice to see the bullpen get three clean innings to finish the game. But really should have swept Toronto. And you shouldn't have to sweat a game like this. Maybe Kimbrel should be the closer. Regardless, with the talent they have, the Sox should be better.

Bad luck and bad play Saturday gave Tampa that game.  Sunday just plain sucked.

Other than that, I believe the opposing team got a save in the other 5 losses so they were right there.

Some here maybe me a little feared the lead would be 5 after all of this.  Well it is 9 or 10.  A tough little stretch mid month in September but there are a lot of off days the rest of the way.

The starting pitching handled Toronto in Toronto.

SOX Win!

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Bad luck and bad play Saturday gave Tampa that game.  Sunday just plain sucked.

Other than that, I believe the opposing team got a save in the other 5 losses so they were right there.

Some here maybe me a little feared the lead would be 5 after all of this.  Well it is 9 or 10.  A tough little stretch mid month in September but there are a lot of off days the rest of the way.

The starting pitching handled Toronto in Toronto.

SOX Win!

The starting pitching was the most encouraging thing about this series. It helps overcome many problems. They needed this last win. Blowing a lead like that would have been devastating. Those last three innings by the pen really did it for me. Then the Eloy home run. There is something about an Eloy home run.

5 hours ago, hi8is said:

I will save my enthusiasm for when this team makes no obvious blunders during a game. With that said…

Yay!

Oh come on . I know you have plenty of enthusiasm Trev. Hard not to have obvious blunders in baseball. Stuff just happens. Any time you find yourself in Pasadena come watch a game at my place.