8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

Just now, Heads22 said:

its a call back to four or five hours ago, also four or five innings ago when tray laid a Quentin comp on AV for some reason

thanks, honesty I think it kinda makes sense from an on field perspective.  quentin was a bad headcase tho and more athletic, but they have a similar hitting profile imo.

Just now, Thad Bosley said:

Get a clue on what a super sub means, and maybe, just maybe, you might understand how valuable he is to our team.

Maybe, just maybe, if he was used as such he wouldn't have been in 98 games already this season.  Even if it isn't injuries forcing him in the lineup, TLR is doing the forcing.  But hey, I'm glad you wear your Garcia jersey with pride.

3 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

Get a clue on what a super sub means, and maybe, just maybe, you might understand how valuable he is to our team.

We actually missed Leury when he was hurt. Without Engel we were stretched pretty thin on in the OF and on the bench. Goodwin had to play against lefties cause we didn't have anyone else to play. We also couldn't really pinch hit for him either cause all the other guys on the bench were left handed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Having Cesar play ss over a natural shortstop like leury is peak TLR. He has been doing weird stuff like that for as long as i remember 

Like playing Vaughn at 3rd when Leury was actually available and ended up playing 3B later on that game. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

We actually missed Leury when he was hurt. Without Engel we were stretched pretty thin on in the OF and on the bench. Goodwin had to play against lefties cause we didn't have anyone else to play. We also couldn't really pinch hit for him either cause all the other guys on the bench were left handed. 

Great points.  For me, on a healthy team, Leury is an ideal super sub.  With all of the injuries, of course, he’s been exposed more than you’d like.  For the remainder of this year, he won’t kill us as part of a platoon in RF batting 8th or 9th.  Not with the return of our injured players

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I think trying to get through this game without burning any of the good relievers was worth attempting.

I get that thinking but he was already warming up.  Crochet usually only warms up if he's pitching that day.

Just now, fathom said:

if you're warming up Crochet, just give him the clean inning.  I will never understand that type of managing.

Yea, if he was warming and they wanted to get him in, should have started the inning with him.  If he didn't need work, let Wright wear it with the 7 run lead.  Though, he might blow that since it's the 8th haha.