8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

My ears were ringing when I saw what we gave up. But I didn't expect him to be this bad. 

I still think the situation is salvageable. He clearly looked pretty good yesterday in Toronto and he looked decent against Schwindel tonight. I think he might have been trying to throw his fastball more tonight to work on some things. In a real save situation, I doubt he would have thrown as many as he did. 

I know what his splits are, but he seems to have no prayer against lefties at the moment due to his command.

Just now, hankchifan said:

Kimbrel should not have been in, in a 7 run game in the first place.  We may need him more tomorrow.

We were up 7 runs and still needed to burn 2 of our good relievers. This shit has been happening way too often. Hell it just happened yesterday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

To be honest, if you want to be pissed off at someone be pissed off at Tony.  He just wasted Kimbrel with a 7 run lead when he had Ruiz warming.  He should have had both of them warming.  Kimbrel can't pitch tomorrow.  What if it's a close game?  Shitty managing if you ask me.

Prolly a blessing, don’t want him giving up these runs in a close game. He Foster/Marshall bad. 

14 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

But Kenny and Rick said he was their consensus number 1 guy!

Over Joey Gallo or Kris Bryant?  We really didn’t need another closer, for those resources we gave up plus a little more, we could have gotten a slugging good defense outfielder to play a corner OF position.  That was our greatest need.

• Like 1

Just now, hankchifan said:

Over Joey Gallo or Kris Bryant?  We really didn’t need another closer, for those resources we gave up plus a little more, we could have gotten a slugging good defense outfielder to play a corner OF position.  That was our greatest need.

and take away at bats from Leury and Goodwin (and Engel, RIP to his lower body)

21 minutes ago, chw42 said:

So despite this nice comeback win, we now have a hole in the rotation and even more question marks about our $16 million co-closer who we all thought had just fixed himself the day prior. This team is fucking exhausting. 

Not quite. We basically have division locked up and don’t need 5 starters. Keuchel answers a question: who do you leave out of a playoff starting rotation.

2 minutes ago, brian310 said:

Not quite. We basically have division locked up and don’t need 5 starters. Keuchel answers a question: who do you leave out of a playoff starting rotation.

Agree. If we need a 5th starter, we plug inReyLo, certainly not Keuchel.  He is done.

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

When Kimbrel is a key part to their world series run...this thread will be worth a real good laugh.

Yeah, not sure whether there will be a world series run or not, but making a definite conclusion on the trade at this point seems premature.

All this griping about Dallas and Kimbrel. Yaz is back and showed up big time and Eloy with three walks???? Only good things can come from that. We have Lance in the hill tomorrow with Kopech, Tempura, and Hendricks ready to go in the pen. We will be fine. Relax and enjoy a win and a great comeback.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It takes a long time to wash spider tack off your body.

Keuchel wouldn't really even benefit much with spider tack or pine tar. Sinker ballers like him usually don't benefit anywhere near as much as guys with 4 seam primary. He's also mostly sinker/cutter/change and you can probably argue only the cutter benefits from higher spinrate. The results on the field today showed as much. 

“Reynaldo, we really want you to throw like 75 pitches tonight so you are ready for whatever we need next week. Can you go out there and give me your best for one more inning or until you pile up some pitches? If you get in real trouble I will get Jose ready.”

16 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Keuchel wouldn't really even benefit much with spider tack or pine tar. Sinker ballers like him usually don't benefit anywhere near as much as guys with 4 seam primary. He's also mostly sinker/cutter/change and you can probably argue only the cutter benefits from higher spinrate. The results on the field today showed as much. 

suspend him anyways :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Brother your preaching to the choir.