8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Aren’t Civale and Beaver coming back soon?  If they do, we should worry some.

I highly doubt Cleveland will be bringing Bieber back and have him pitch a significant number of innings.  Either way, a team that has played pretty much .500 for 5 months is all of a sudden going to catch fire is unlikely.  Sure it's possible, but don't see it happening.  Besides, we haven't lost tonight's game yet.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

What would it have to get down to for you to even be concerned, out of curiosity?

Idk, maybe 3 games?  I realize we haven't been playing great, but even playing poorly through arguably the toughest part of our schedule we still managed to go 7-7.  So Kuechel was horrible so that means the Cubs are going to sweep us and Pittsburgh will beat us too?  Also, I might be a little more concerned if the team chasing was playing great baseball.

6 minutes ago, tray said:

This board has been more critical of ReyLo over the past 3 years than any other pitcher.  Now he is the least bad of the alternatives.

Fvk Keuchel. send him back to Houston,...which is where he wants to be.  His head isn't into it here, and its obvious.

Keuchel was not as bad in past seasons and ReyLo was worse. Now things have flipped.

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

Idk, maybe 3 games?  I realize we haven't been playing great, but even playing poorly through arguably the toughest part of our schedule we still managed to go 7-7.  So Kuechel was horrible so that means the Cubs are going to sweep us and Pittsburgh will beat us too?  Also, I might be a little more concerned if the team chasing was playing great baseball.

Or if the team chasing them was actually good. Cleveland is currently 1 game above .500 and they have a negative run differential on the season. The Sox are objectively a much superior team and have a massive lead. If people want something to worry about then focus on getting the 1 or 2 seed in the AL, which isn't looking promising right now.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Or if the team chasing them was actually good. Cleveland is currently 1 game above .500 and they have a negative run differential on the season. The Sox are objectively a much superior team and have a massive lead. If people want something to worry about then focus on getting the 1 or 2 seed in the AL, which isn't looking promising right now.

Yes,, I am not suggesting there aren't things to be concerned about lol.  Cleveland catching us isn't one of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Let’s take games one game at a time. Not saying we will sweep the. Cubs and the Pirates. Tonight is going to be the worse night, as we have our worst starter on the bump.

Dallas Keuchel rhp
3 years/$55.5M (2020-22), plus 2023 option

• 3 years/$55.5M (2020-22), plus 2023 club option
    • signed by Chicago White Sox as a free agent 12/30/19
    • 20-22:$18M annually, 23:$20M club option ($1.5M buyout)
    • 2023 option is guaranteed if Keuchel passes a physical at the end of the 2022 season and has 320 innings pitched in 2021-22 combined, including 160 IP in 2022
    • no-trade protection:
      • may block all trades through 10/31/20
      • from 11/1/20 to 10/31/21, may block trades to 10 clubs
      • from 11/1/21 to contract’s end, may block trades to five clubs