8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

28 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'll take a sweep but expecting one is kind of silly.  You are expecting too much and it's no wonder our fans get so irritated in game threads. TLR won't be doing anything differently. The great lineup with every position player we all want to see playing might not even be on the field for even 1 of the 3 games.

Neither team has ever swept the other one in a season series of at least 6 games before, even when one team sucked and the other was very good. Sweeping this series means we sweep the season series.

There have been two season series sweeps, both by the Cubs in 1998 (3 games) and 2013 (4 games).

Doesn't the fact that neither the Sox nor the Cubs have ever swept a season series of at least 6 games means the odds are getting better it happens? Like when a team is on a winning/losing streak, odds are getting better their streak ends with every game? 

I'm calling it, Sox sweep the season series, Go Sox!

28 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Doesn't the fact that neither the Sox nor the Cubs have ever swept a season series of at least 6 games means the odds are getting better it happens? Like when a team is on a winning/losing streak, odds are getting better their streak ends with every game? 

I'm calling it, Sox sweep the season series, Go Sox!

The odds of something happening don't increase due to the length of time it doesn't happen. That's not how odds work. The odds are higher right now because 1) Sox have already won 3 and are halfway there 2) The much larger than normal talent differential between the teams.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

The odds of something happening don't increase due to the length of time it doesn't happen. 

So you’re saying I’ll never get laid again. Got it. Thanks.

• Haha 2

Just now, TheCommish said:

Any lineups posted yet? Guessing - TA, Moncada, Abreu, Eloy, Robert, Grandal, Vaughn, Goodwin, Hernandez... finally a full strength lineup???

Nothing yet. Let today be the day!!! Please!!!

TA

Grandal

Abreu

Eloy

Robert

Moncada

Vaughn

Goodwin

Hernandez

2 minutes ago, TheCommish said:

Any lineups posted yet? Guessing - TA, Moncada, Abreu, Eloy, Robert, Grandal, Vaughn, Goodwin, Hernandez... finally a full strength lineup???

I think we get that group of 9 today in some order and then Grandal and possibly one other guy gets tomorrow off.

12 minutes ago, TheCommish said:

10 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Nothing yet. Let today be the day!!! Please!!!

TA

Grandal

Abreu

Eloy

Robert

Moncada

Vaughn

Goodwin

Hernandez

9 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I think we get that group of 9 today in some order and then Grandal and possibly one other guy gets tomorrow off.

Haha you all left out Leury. Come on now !