Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
South Side Hit Men

8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

Leave him in. Save the pen. He can go at least 5

He’s been efficient too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Financial reasons aside, there is ZERO reason for Keuchel to be in the rotation over Lopez.

Now, do we make the right decision, or the financial one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

If Keuchel is the teammate/leader he portrays himself to be, then he'd voluntarily take himself out of the rotation for Lopez

He is not going to do that.  He is a Cy Young Award winner who thinks he is still a Cy Young award winner type performer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Dallas can be the opener for Lopez going forward. Lopez is hot, ride him. Or fuck that just bench Dallas insert Lopez. Works till it doesn't.

TLR will probably give him another start. It'll probably be against KC in KC. If he shits the bed again, there won't be any excuses left. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hankchifan said:

He is not going to do that.  He is a Cy Young Award winner who thinks he is still a Cy Young award winner type performer.

David Price immediately volunteered to pitch out of the Dodgers bullpen after being traded there. He's a better and more accomplished pitcher than Dallas.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chw42 said:

TLR will probably give him another start. It'll probably be against KC in KC. If he shits the bed again, there won't be any excuses left. 

The way KC has played us he’s gonna get shelled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Capn12 said:

Financial reasons aside, there is ZERO reason for Keuchel to be in the rotation over Lopez.

Now, do we make the right decision, or the financial one?

James Fegan has the night off, and there are no other media who will confront Tony with the question tonight, or beyond, unless Keuchel is toast the next time with James back.

Tony will bristle, but hopefully Hahn is looking at the busted windows he has after throwing a bunch of shit tonight, and is ready to discuss a bullpen demotion with Tony.

This team is too good to worry about Keuchel's feelings, and even if he goes toxic in the clubhouse, I don't see many, if any, taking his side.

Reynaldo Lopez earned the opportunity, Tony La Russa is the only person standing in his way. Based on his track record, and love of veterans, I don't feel they will make the move.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

America this month has seen quite a show by Tim Anderson with everything he’s done on all of these national telecasts we’ve been on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheTruth05 said:

The way KC has played us he’s gonna get shelled

If he can't pitch against this Cubs lineup, he's not gonna fare well against the Royals. But they're probably just gonna say tonight was an anamoly and give him some more time to figure things out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's remarkable that Robert can look so good at the plate given how long of a layoff he had. What a special player he is & will be in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

David Price immediately volunteered to pitch out of the Dodgers bullpen after being traded there. He's a better and more accomplished pitcher than Dallas.

We all know the kind of person Dallas really is. He's one of those guys who will try to blame everything but himself when things go wrong. The dude is in it for himself and only himself. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the 6-0 start this looks like we are playing the Windy City Thunderbolts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maxjusttyped said:

It's remarkable that Robert can look so good at the plate given how long of a layoff he had. What a special player he is & will be in the future.

baseball savant as kw said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Heads22 said:

After the 6-0 start this looks like we are playing the Windy City Thunderbolts

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×