8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

13 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

I'd switch Moncada and Robert, but when everyone is healthy, you really can't go wrong. 

If Engel is back, we will have an entire lineup of roughly .800 OPS hitters.  

vR, Moncada probably should be in the 2 hole, agreed.

Al Yellon writes at the Cubbie Blue site that the teams at a crossroads and that the Sox can take over as the more popular team. He believes the Cub organization has to have a strong off season or the more casual fan will drift over to the South Side. Simply said, he believes the Sox have more talented and likable players, and a long run in the playoffs will tip the scales after a half century of Cub popularity.

It will be interesting to see if there is a noticeable Cub fan presence at the park tonight. This is baseball. On any day, a bad team can beat a good one. But if I were a Cub fan, I'd stay at home. Even with Keuchel on the mound, Cub fans are better off finding something else to do. How about Scrabble?

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, tray said:

Practice what you preach bud.

This team is toxic enough without inhaling stuff from all the whiners. I gave Tony a pass because I assumed he would delegate. They don't delegate at The Hall.

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Is this a surprise to you?  I figured you just knew by now.

I actually get laid so often it’s a problem… so such a surprise would actually be welcomed. 🤦‍♂

Edited by hi8is
#hi8is #is #a #whore

15 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Al Yellon writes at the Cubbie Blue site that the teams at a crossroads and that the Sox can take over as the more popular team. He believes the Cub organization has to have a strong off season or the more casual fan will drift over to the South Side. Simply said, he believes the Sox have more talented and likable players

Thank you Captain Obvious… I mean, Al.

4 minutes ago, pcq said:

This team is toxic enough without inhaling stuff from all the whiners. I gave Tony a pass because I assumed he would delegate. They don't delegate at The Hall.

Any other insights from the coaches meetings?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If not true, such slander is a bannable offense.

^^^ This.

I inserted both starting lineups in the first post, with my team preference posted first, despite the fact they are the home team and are batting second tonight.

The Cubs are going with their version of a "Sunday lineup", with their best remaining player (Willson Contreras) as well as their hottest hitter (Ian Happ) both sitting tonight. Their highest paid player Jason Heyward is playing Right Field and batting 8th. Their second highest paid player is slated to start Sunday.

• Haha 2