8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

49 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Thank you Captain Obvious… I mean, Al.

One obvious but important point Al is making is that Cubs can't be lovable losers anymore. Used to be the team could be bad and still draw. In 1993, when the Sox won the division, the Cubs still out drew them.  As we all know, things really began changing during the late 1960s for various reasons. Now he says a there is the possibility of a real historical changing of the guard or at least the potential for one.

He believes the Cubs can't just say they are rebuilding. They have to spend some real money in this offseason. Spinning tales about goats and sucking up Old Style won't cut it anymore. This is what this Sox rebuild can mean. Not just having a good season or two but taking over this baseball city.

As for tonight. I hope the Sox use their home park as a launching pad and leave no doubt which team has a real and long and bright future.

I really feel like Rickets is just gonna bleed that franchise dry and suck out all the profits he can before passing it off to some other schmuck.  He got his one flag and it will fly forever, and I don't think he has ANY interest in spending anything more than he has to do keep at least 25K or so flowing into the stadium every home game and a decent TV contract whenever it's up.  I'd expect the Cubs to operate like a Detroit or Cleveland going forward, not a bottom 5 payroll, but bottom 15 for sure.

lol, speaking of the devil:

E9loizIXMAMPSj-?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by chitownsportsfan

17 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

One obvious but important point Al is making is that Cubs can't be lovable losers anymore. Used to be the team could be bad and still draw. In 1993, when the Sox won the division, the Cubs still out drew them.  As we all know, things really began changing during the late 1960s for various reasons. Now he says a there is the possibility of a real historical changing of the guard or at least the potential for one.

He believes the Cubs can't just say they are rebuilding. They have to spend some real money in this offseason. Spinning tales about goats and sucking up Old Style won't cut it anymore. This is what this Sox rebuild can mean. Not just having a good season or two but taking over this baseball city.

As for tonight. I hope the Sox use their home park as a launching pad and leave no doubt which team has a real and long and bright future.

It would be so flipping great to win the World Series this year and take away one of their FA targets in the offseason. 😆

One can dream.

45 minutes ago, hi8is said:

It would be so flipping great to win the World Series this year and take away one of their FA targets in the offseason. 😆

One can dream.

Let's worry about the Cub. 

12 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

There are at least 5 posters with an age over, and IQ under, 70 ready for a high five on that one

What is Dan Bernstein's login ID?

@MattSpiegel670 I have no rooting interest in her work, but enjoy her giant boobs.

— Dan Bernstein (@dan_bernstein) March 26, 2015