8/27 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

So despite this nice comeback win, we now have a hole in the rotation and even more question marks about our $16 million co-closer who we all thought had just fixed himself the day prior. This team is fucking exhausting. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Kimbrel's ERA when he joined the Sox was under .5. It's now over 2 in a span of 10 innings. 

My fear has been that his Cubs stint was a fluke. He was awful before that stretch. He has time to bounce back but he has been Dallas Keuchel bad. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Kimbrel's ERA when he joined the Sox was under .5. It's now over 2 in a span of 10 innings. 

Add with Kopech’s last ten, you get some really ugly numbers.  Keuchel, too.

Tepera might be the closer or knock Kimbrel out of his role at this rate.

And now Hahn locked himself in with the that contract, as well as Cesar Hernandez. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

all 4 homers he's allowed have been on the fastball

Do you think it'd work if he went to like 70% curves? Maybe that's too extreme, but I'd rather see him try that path than continuing to bump patting practice fastballs without having any command on them.

2 minutes ago, Ozzie’s Cuban Cigar said:

And Kimbrel

Please stop.

In fact I really don't want to see any Kimbrel sucks posts after this joyous game.  Dude shouldn't have been out there in the first place and the runs he gave up were pretty meaningless.  Enjoy this great victory.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So despite this nice comeback win, we now have a hole in the rotation and even more question marks about our $16 million co-closer who we all thought had just fixed himself the day prior. This team is fucking exhausting. 

Of course we could have just left the guy who got 15 outs while facing 14 batters in until he gave up a base runner.

• Like 2

I'm going to go the opposite way and say how sexy that lineup looked with the top 6 rolling, and Lopez pitched a gem.

• Like 2

The Sox need to call Liam’s wife, she can fix him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Kimbrel had a 6 ERA between 2019 & 2020 combined. Who possibly could have foreseen that in his current form he might not be the most reliable reliever in the game?

But Kenny and Rick said he was their consensus number 1 guy!

Just now, wegner said:

Craig Kimbrel does not like non save situations...so only use him in save situations.  Is that how that works?

Look he’s just bad right now and there’s no excuse, they have to figure out how to work him. But it’s equally rotten that he was ever in this game!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Look he’s just bad right now and there’s no excuse, they have to figure out how to work him. But it’s equally rotten that he was ever in this game!

I'm fine with them not keeping in Lopez for the 7th because he didn't necessarily prepare for a long outing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Hernandez and Kimbrel aren't exactly improving the team

They had to upgrade at 2B and given the fact the Rockies are a weirdo franchise and they didn't like EE's medicals, I won't hold Hernandez against them even if he struggles. Kimbrel, however....

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I'm fine with them not keeping in Lopez for the 7th because he didn't necessarily prepare for a long outing.

After everything this bullpen had to do to survive against Torotno, no one but Wright should have pitched after Lopez.

• Like 1

To be honest, if you want to be pissed off at someone be pissed off at Tony.  He just wasted Kimbrel with a 7 run lead when he had Ruiz warming.  He should have had both of them warming.  Kimbrel can't pitch tomorrow.  What if it's a close game?  Shitty managing if you ask me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Please stop.

In fact I really don't want to see any Kimbrel sucks posts after this joyous game.  Dude shouldn't have been out there in the first place and the runs he gave up were pretty meaningless.  Enjoy this great victory.

This. Post of the night. 4-0 vs. Cubs and Sox are posing with the trophy. Just be safe on the Dan Ryan driving home tonight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

There were some people saying the trade was a mistake in the moment 🙂

but certainly most people were in favor of it

My ears were ringing when I saw what we gave up. But I didn't expect him to be this bad. 

I still think the situation is salvageable. He clearly looked pretty good yesterday in Toronto and he looked decent against Schwindel tonight. I think he might have been trying to throw his fastball more tonight to work on some things. In a real save situation, I doubt he would have thrown as many as he did. He threw 79% fastballs tonight. He was around 60/40 with the Cubs and 66/33 with the Sox prior to this outing. 

Edited by chw42