Does Dallas Keuchel even make the Playoff Roster?

DanofDuPage

Giolito had to go to Katz when Cooper was still here. Katz fixed Lucas, Cease, Rodon and Lopez.

Don’t agree with the bullpen blame people are trying to dump on Katz. Bullpens are volatile from year to year. The Sox have six of the current nine guys under 3.50 ERA.

Bummer has had bad luck, his FIP is 2.89. Kimbrel just go here, and Wright is not a ML pitcher.

4 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

If he won't make the playoff roster, then what are we doing giving him starts down the stretch over Lopez?

If he will make the playoff roster but not start, why are we not preparing him for his playoff role by putting him in a relevant role other than starter?

I would assume they're giving him at least some of September to see if he turns it around.

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

My concern now is with Lynn on the IL, we have no long man. If you run Keuchel out there and he lasts ~2 innings, that could mess up the pen for days.

There is an off day Thursday, and the next two Mondays. They can get by without a fifth starter, if need be, if Lynn is out close to the minimum. They can also bring up a spot starter for a game if need be.

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

There is an off day Thursday, and the next two Mondays. They can get by without a fifth starter, if need be, if Lynn is out close to the minimum. They can also bring up a spot starter for a game if need be.

Keuchel Friday, Lopez Saturday is the plan. Maybe Lambert is the second guy after Hamilton?

As fast as he lost his stuff, he could get it back just as fast. He's a veteran and at this point I'd have him on the playoff roster but not as a starter, he's got a month to get his **** together where we can use him as a starter. The thing is, a team doesn't need 5 starters in the postseason so unless someone gets hurt he will most likely be in the bullpen. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

19 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Can we change the tittle to does Dallas even make the opening day roster for 2022?

Can’t see them eating that salary, but if the recent version is who he is then he shouldn’t be around.  Hopefully he can find his footing and look like a solid #5 heading into next year.

Remember when Mark Buehrle had that really rough stretch in 2006?  People wanted to run him out of town.  He turned it around after some time.  Lets hope Keuchel can do the same.  I know with injuries, it's hard to have him skip a couple of starts, but that's what he needs right now.  He's been ass.  He's fine as a 5th starter, the problem is, he isn't being paid as such.

4 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Remember when Mark Buehrle had that really rough stretch in 2006?  People wanted to run him out of town.  He turned it around after some time.  Lets hope Keuchel can do the same.  I know with injuries, it's hard to have him skip a couple of starts, but that's what he needs right now.  He's been ass.  He's fine as a 5th starter, the problem is, he isn't being paid as such.

Disagree. He isn't even good enough to be a #5 at this point. #5's are supposed to get bombed night in and night out.

It’s easy to see Keuchel having a bounce back season. I wouldn’t bet on him going back to being a 3.50 ERA pitcher, but if he finds his control again he could be in the low 4s. He’s still throwing the same pitches he was the last 4 or 5 years. His velocity hasn’t changed but his control absolutely has. If he gets his pitches landing where he wants them then he could be an effective starter next year