AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

I have been of the mind that they'd give Dallas the playoff start over Cease just based on experience, cease being inconsistent and also his stuff playing up in a bullpen role more than kuechels. 

Obviously, I have changed my tune on that. Theres no way they can start Keuchel over cease at this point. I hope they can find a way to have cease start at home but either way he's won the job.

Not sure what role Keuchel will have in the playoffs, if any, but he will definitely be back as a starter for next season and I actually predict a bounceback year.

Also, we need to stop scoreboard watching Cleveland and start watching Houston. Having home field in the 1st round would be nice

Edited by joejoedairy
  • Like 2

Three questions after last night's amazing game. 1) Has Keuchel pitched his way out of the post season rotation?  2) Why was Kimbrel used in the 9th when there was a 7 run lead & he had pitched the day before? 3) Finally it was good to see Reynaldo Lopez looking so good and is the bullpen his future now or will he be on another team next year?

Thrilled with the comeback win but you can't  feel good about a bullpen that gives up seven runs in three innings.  I would like to see Lopez take Keuchel's spot in the rotation right now. Lopez' s comeback has been great to watch. Now give him the baseball.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Thrilled with the comeback win but you can't  feel good about a bullpen that gives up seven runs in three innings.  I would like to see Lopez take Keuchel's spot in the rotation right now. Lopez' s comeback has been great to watch. Now give him the baseball.

Do you think it is worth leaving Lopez where he is as it seems to be working so well?

As for Keuchel he is rapidly becoming 5th starter if that and should be out of the rotation come post season.

3 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Do you think it is worth leaving Lopez where he is as it seems to be working so well?

As for Keuchel he is rapidly becoming 5th starter if that and should be out of the rotation come post season.

Actually, there are several ways you can use Lopez.  It would nice him in the seventh and eighth innings. I agree about Keuchel. He should not start a post-season game.

5 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

I have been of the mind that they'd give Dallas the playoff start over Cease just based on experience, cease being inconsistent and also his stuff playing up in a bullpen role more than kuechels. 

Obviously, I have changed my tune on that. Theres no way they can start Keuchel over cease at this point. I hope they can find a way to have cease start at home but either way he's won the job.

Not sure what role Keuchel will have in the playoffs, if any, but he will definitely be back as a starter for next season and I actually predict a bounceback year.

Also, we need to stop scoreboard watching Cleveland and start watching Houston. Having home field in the 1st round would be nice

Happy to hear you're willing to give the 15th ranked starter in baseball a shot in the postseason now.

4 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Three questions after last night's amazing game. 1) Has Keuchel pitched his way out of the post season rotation?  2) Why was Kimbrel used in the 9th when there was a 7 run lead & he had pitched the day before? 3) Finally it was good to see Reynaldo Lopez looking so good and is the bullpen his future now or will he be on another team next year?

1.  Keuchel will not be in the post-season rotation and is probably out of the regular season rotation very soon.  Lopez appears to have found himself.

2.  TRL is giving Kimbrel every chance to "find himself" ...he obviously has the talent but currently seems to be struggling between the ears.

3.  He will be in relief for playoffs and has added considerably to his value which was at approximately zero one month ago.

Edited by poppysox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Luis Robert is really fucking good. And this is just the beta version of him.

If the hip deeply heals over the off season, I don't see why he won't put up Trout-like numbers and performance play over the next 5 years (and beyond.) IMO he really is that good. I don't recall the scout's name that said something to the effect of, "If you love baseball, Robert is a joy to watch play the game."

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have other favorite players on the team, but there is no doubt that Robert had the highest ceiling as a true 5 tool superstar.

Moncada is close to that which is why I think people get over-the-top when they talk about how "bad" he is. He is a guy who can potentially play at a MVP level but what they see is just "pretty good"

37 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Moncada is close to that which is why I think people get over-the-top when they talk about how "bad" he is. He is a guy who can potentially play at a MVP level but what they see is just "pretty good"

I can agree with that, but Robert just feels like that next level. I know we said this before,  but it's like Bo Jackson just played baseball. 

1 hour ago, lostfan said:

Moncada is still developing at the plate and is evidently working a plate style that is very nearly the opposite of a Tim Anderson way of batting. As to how well this is working out for him and the team is at least debatable. But yes, to even go into the 'bad' quality of this is short sighted and IMO not really to be taken seriously. Moncada has All-Star pretty much engraved all over him and simply because it isn't fully appearing right now/right here comes off as a lot more noise than signal.
re: his motivation and the direction of his intent is another matter entirely and I don't have enough insider information to have much of worth to say about the situation. Does anyone else have that kind of info?    

Edited by FoxForce2