8/28 Chicago Cubs @ Chicago White Sox 6:10 PM CDT

Grandal said he was feeling a bit winded last not, so I doubt he would even DH. It is even hotter and more humid today, I would expect some rest, especially with a day game tomorrow, that right now, seems like it will be a long day at the ballpark, as a lot of rain is supposed to come through between 2 pm and 3 pm.

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Grandal said he was feeling a bit winded last not, so I doubt he would even DH. It is even hotter and more humid today, I would expect some rest, especially with a day game tomorrow, that right now, seems like it will be a long day at the ballpark, as a lot of rain is supposed to come through between 2 pm and 3 pm.

Too many hits. Had to run the bases too much. He could just strike out in every at-bat today. Save some energy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nah, the Guardians already passed us.

Yeah, well.

It was a great year to be a White Sox fan.

The 2nd & 3rd string kept winning all those games with the most stupid lineups in the history of mankind. Then we got all our stars back and everything seemed just ducky.

Wait 'til next year, y'all. Gonna have 'em right where we want 'em.

3 hours ago, NWINFan said:

I don't understand the need to rest either Eloy or Robert. They are young players. Why do they need a rest especially when they spent months not playing? I know they were rehabbing with their injuries, but they were still not playing. The team is well rested already and off days are coming. Enough of the resting already. LaRussa should put his best lineup out there. Some rest can come after the clinching.

You want your lineup rested until about 2 or 3 weeks before the playoffs start.Then you let your regulars play a lot in that 2-3 weeks and heading into the playoffs. Just because guys are young does not mean baseball doesn't wear them out. It is a grind. Eloy and Robert are coming off serious injuries and anyone watching Robert can tell he's not running like he used to. Legs being fresh is so important. You just can't go from not playing at all and rehabbing to playing all out every day.

As long as they are hitting when they play and not playing recklessly we all should be good keeping them focused on 2 things, health and being ready for the post season.

You saw after clinching last year they rested a lot and you see how that turned out. That's the difference between an inexperienced playoff manager and a guy who has had his team in the post season many times before. It doesn't guarantee success in the post season but it's the right way to approach it.

• Like 1