TLR Appreciation Thread

ron883

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And bad pitching does not equal bad bullpen management.  There is no  poster here who has kept a daily chart of sideline sessions, minor aches and pains, bullpen sessions, how often pitched, how many pitches thrown, studied film or has any idea on how to maintain and run an MLB pitching staff.

In the preseason we went from everyone thinking we had a lockdown BP to wtf is happening. Gone are those preseason heros like Heuer, Foster, Marshall. A lot of the faces have changed and Kopech and Crochet are enduring their 1st full seasons and we are seeing the ups and downs of that and keeping them as fresh and healthy as possible.

No one can say for sure whats going on with Kimbrel. It's hard to explain the vast difference in 1st half results with the Cubs to results with us. Liam has had struggles too. On paper this BP looks like it should dominate now. All you can do is play the guys who are supposed to be the best and hope they pitch like the best. There is still time to right the ship and for them all to get settled in their roles .

You want me to believe that TLR has more detailed information about his pitching staff than the message board managers?  

Relief pitcher does well: Great job <insert relief pitcher's name>!

Relief pitcher does poorly: TLR is a f'in idiot! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RG23SoxFan said:

You want me to believe that TLR has more detailed information about his pitching staff than the message board managers?  

Relief pitcher does well: Great job <insert relief pitcher's name>!

Relief pitcher does poorly: TLR is a f'in idiot! 

And this is why everyone has confidence in our bullpen right now in so many situations. 

12 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And bad pitching does not equal bad bullpen management.  There is no  poster here who has kept a daily chart of sideline sessions, minor aches and pains, bullpen sessions, how often pitched, how many pitches thrown, studied film or has any idea on how to maintain and run an MLB pitching staff. 

And this is why I consider ron to be the #1 poster on SoxTalk. ron thinks like a MLB manager, not a fan. He has that ability to think of baseball in another dimension the rest of us can’t see.

ron is worthy of being held in the highest regard and utmost respect. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

We need you as manager Balta. I'll recommend you if I ever come across Rick Hahn.

After nine seasons, what makes you think Rick Hahn has any role in the hiring of a White Sox manager?

46 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

But he's just a blood-thirsty geograpist

Indeed, Jerry prefers recidivists. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

In the preseason we went from everyone thinking we had a lockdown BP to wtf is happening. Gone are those preseason heros like Heuer, Foster, Marshall. A lot of the faces have changed and Kopech and Crochet are enduring their 1st full seasons and we are seeing the ups and downs of that and keeping them as fresh and healthy as possible.

No one can say for sure whats going on with Kimbrel. It's hard to explain the vast difference in 1st half results with the Cubs to results with us. Liam has had struggles too. On paper this BP looks like it should dominate now. All you can do is play the guys who are supposed to be the best and hope they pitch like the best. There is still time to right the ship and for them all to get settled in their roles .

If the bullpen guys are lockdown in the playoffs...all will be forgiven.  People will be claiming to have never had a doubt.

5 hours ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

And this is why I consider ron to be the #1 poster on SoxTalk. ron thinks like a MLB manager, not a fan. He has that ability to think of baseball in another dimension the rest of us can’t see.

ron is worthy of being held in the highest regard and utmost respect. 

This post is just silly.

• Thanks 1

Meaningless games in the grand scheme. 1 good thing 1 bad thing. Reylo continued to pitch well and Kimbrel who many thought shouldn't be in the game failed his test. Yes he was in there for one reason and that was to see if the things he had mentioned he was working on were fixed in a situation where if he got hit hard it wouldn't matter. No fix that day. Maybe soon.

Good Tony:

TLR seems to still be able to understand a clubhouse. He leverages the veterans. Smart

He is overly dependent on the lefty/righty matchups when making a lineup but but his lineups usually do make some sense. 

He uses his bench more than fans want but come playoff times he hasn’t ran his team into the ground. Also smart. 

Bad Tony:

For the love of god I have never imagined he would be this horrific, awful, terrible and embarrassingly bad at in-game decisions especially about his bullpen/ pitching staff. He literally makes two or three unacceptable decisions a week. He is not fit to be a manager.

Ricky was better than Tony with the bullpen, and I can’t imagine a worse criticism towards a manager. 

(Tony is still way better than Terry Bevington)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1