8/29 game thread Sox vs Cubs 1:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

It's pretty clear at this point that the Sox have decided that keeping players rested and healthy is 100% the priority over chasing home field, so as long as the lead over Cleveland hangs around the 10 game mark we're going to continue to see these lineups. Expect the full 'A' lineup only about twice per week.

Honestly, on any day that Lynn/Rodon/Giolito/Cease are pitching, my #1 concern is their health and how they look and any other performance is secondary.

We'll find out in October whether or not this was the best plan. If the Sox lose game 5 of the ALDS at Houston there will be lots of second guessing.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

It's pretty clear at this point that the Sox have decided that keeping players rested and healthy is 100% the priority over chasing home field, so as long as the lead over Cleveland hangs around the 10 game mark we're going to continue to see these lineups. Expect the full 'A' lineup only about twice per week.

Honestly, on any day that Lynn/Rodon/Giolito/Cease are pitching, my #1 concern is their health and how they look and any other performance is secondary.

We'll find out in October whether or not this was the best plan. If the Sox lose game 5 of the ALDS at Houston there will be lots of second guessing.

Even more 2nd guessing than now?

Will require Herculean efforts from top to bottom of the lineup.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Really wish they’d stop resting multiple main starters on the same day.  If they want to take the foot completely off the gas pedal, there are better ways to do it than all these garbage Sunday lineups on the last day of a series.

This is what I don’t like unless guys are sore and really need it (which I assume is the case). But yeah we have 2 days off this week as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Eaton batted leadoff. He was DFAd the next day.

Lamb is in the heart of the lineup. Wonder if this is a “final showcase” game to change their minds. 

You have to be either on the active roster or on the IL on 8/31 to be eligible for the playoffs, so if they are deciding between Lamb and Sheets for a lefty bat, they have to decide soon.

• Fire 2

35 minutes ago, fathom said:

Really wish they’d stop resting multiple main starters on the same day.  If they want to take the foot completely off the gas pedal, there are better ways to do it than all these garbage Sunday lineups on the last day of a series.

I get the rationale they have with the post season. But there are fans paying to see these guys play. It's been how many years since they've fielded a truly professional team? I'd be pissed if I was going to the game today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I get the rationale they have with the post season. But there are fans paying to see these guys play. It's been how many years since they've fielded a truly professional team? I'd be pissed if I was going to the game today

From the patio, it's quote enjoyable.