Cease this year's Contreras?

Colome's Hat

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Dylan Cease has always had this ceiling.  You can't teach his arm.  I know many were ready to give up on him after less than a season's worth of starts, but sometimes it takes a while.  Especially for a taller guy, sometimes it just takes a while to be able to get all of those mechanics lined up.  You can see him lose that feeling still occasionally, heck we saw it a couple of times yesterday.  But the key is that it happens less and less, and he is more and more consistent.  The kid has a chance to be one of the best in baseball.

Agree with 99% here but cease is not tall by any means for a pitcher 

2 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I think maybe 94 team is best comparison?  Superstars like Thomas, Raines and Ventura and a bunch of pretty good others.  Four power starting pitchers.  Thing about this team is everyone is 26 or younger.  

I believe 2/3 of this team have or will be on an all-star team during their careers.  Talent everywhere I look.  I don't like to leave my seat when we are batting because something exciting can happen from everywhere in the lineup.  There was a time I would arrange a bathroom break or make some popcorn around when Frank Thomas or Dick Allen would be batting...now the whole team has me leaving my pitcher to fend for himself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Eno Sarris has this command+ and stuff+ metrics and Sarris said in a podcast that cease stuff is among the best in the league and his command is still very bad but now improved to a point where it is playable as a starter, especially with the great stuff he has

Cease and Lopez just need some "eye of the tiger."  Trust your stuff and throw the ball.  When they start pitching with fear they can't throw strikes.  Get the ball and throw the ball like Mark Buehrle.  When you pitch slow and scared your fielders go to sleep and the walks bury you.

52 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Cease and Lopez just need some "eye of the tiger."  Trust your stuff and throw the ball.  When they start pitching with fear they can't throw strikes.  Get the ball and throw the ball like Mark Buehrle.  When you pitch slow and scared your fielders go to sleep and the walks bury you.

Yeah. They said the rays told glasnow to just throw the ball down the middle horizontally and just worry about throwing it up and down, so he would just worry about not throwing middle vertically but not worry about in and out because his movement and stuff is good enough to play in the middle as long he keeps the fastball up and the breaking ball down. 

That lowered glasnows walks while keeping the Ks even though there is an occasional homer

13 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Yeah. They said the rays told glasnow to just throw the ball down the middle horizontally and just worry about throwing it up and down, so he would just worry about not throwing middle vertically but not worry about in and out because his movement and stuff is good enough to play in the middle as long he keeps the fastball up and the breaking ball down. 

That lowered glasnows walks while keeping the Ks even though there is an occasional homer

Lopez looks like a different pitcher since speeding it up and he has lost that scared look as well.