2021 NFL Season Thread

1 minute ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Indeed.

I'd actually respect say, a Bernstein or a Parkins if they just came out and admitted that they just want to see Fields for the benefit of their shows. It would be refreshing for them to admit their own interests, rather than bullshitting their way through life.

This is probably a 6-11 or 7-10 team, at best. There will probably be another year or two of having to cull stoopid contracts from their cap structure. And, there isnt a 1st round pick at the end of this year. On balance, I'm not expecting much of anything from this team, so I don't want Fields' development to get fucked over.

That said, its actually refreshing, in that I can just dvr the games, rather than watching them live/in full. I can then fast forward through ~2.5 hours of the 3 hours of show time per game this year. Im gonna get a lot done on Sundays this fall, I think.

I don't think it's the benefit of the show.  I think both of those guys genuinely believe Fields gives them a better shot to win.  I agree with that, I think the only show is Nagy keeping a stupid fucking promise to let a washed veteran QB start

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

I don't think it's the benefit of the show.  I think both of those guys genuinely believe Fields gives them a better shot to win.  I agree with that, I think the only show is Nagy keeping a stupid fucking promise to let a washed veteran QB start

Yeah, I'm the opposite. I dont think that any QB would make a difference with THIS coaching, THOSE plays, THAT O-Line, and THOSE skill position players.

So why get Fields killed, when it just won't fucking matter? 

I think that most media types KNOW that this is a mediocre team. But, they also know that they need to keep the clicks and the ratings going.  So they gin those up with this stoopid opinion that a rookie is gonna miracle their asses into the playoffs. Again, with THIS coach, THOSE plays, THAT O-Line, and THOSE skill position players. (Not to mention THAT secondary.)

21 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Can't hide him until your preferred THAT shows up.  The kid can play, he needs the time on the field.  

Yeah, I want the following to happen first:

1. Matt Nagy's stoopud pass happy play calling to once again be proven as a failure. 

1a. The team to magically rediscover the running game, which can help the aging LT, help the rookie QB, and help the aging Defense, instead of stoopidly calling an offense best suited for this year's version of Madden.

2. The LT position to be sorted out a bit more,

3. Tarik Cohen to return to play,

4. The Bears to fall out of playoff contention.

I figure that should be around ~7ish games into the season, so that Fields can take over the 8th/9th game into the season or so.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

21 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Yeah, I want the following to happen first:

1. Matt Nagy's stoopud pass happy play calling to once again be proven as a failure. 

1a. The team to magically rediscover the running game, which can help the aging LT, help the rookie QB, and help the aging Defense, instead of stoopidly calling an offense best suited for this year's version of Madden.

2. The LT position to be sorted out a bit more,

3. Tarik Cohen to return to play,

4. The Bears to fall out of playoff contention.

I figure that should be around ~7ish games into the season, so that Fields can take over the 8th/9th game into the season or so.

You are gonna be so mad when they announce the Pace and Nagy extensions lmao

33 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

You are gonna be so mad when they announce the Pace and Nagy extensions lmao

LOL, I've long ago resigned to the eventuality that those two are gonna get re-signed, despite their multitude of demonstrable failures.

It actually takes the edge off one's fandom to accept this as already baked into this year's pie.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete