2021 NFL Season Thread

7 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

If Dalton is ready to play, I'd start him next week, let Fields get a real handle of the offense before throwing him out there. Kid showed flashes but looked a bit wet behind the ears.

Yeah he clearly wasn't ready to take over full time without any prep. If they decide to start him and he gets a full week of prep he would have looked a hell of a lot better. 

• Like 1

So the defense played pretty well, especially Eddie Jackson(despite another whiff late in the game on Chase).  Nice to see Mack and Roquan so active.

I think Fields will be so much better with a week of total starter preparation instead of series prep.  Despite the late Int he still had some huge drops and at least one TD dropped.  Should be interesting to see what the injury is with Dalton, I saw him pointing towards the side of the knee and highest part of the calf when he was talking to a team dr on the sideline 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

So the defense played pretty well, especially Eddie Jackson(despite another whiff late in the game on Chase).  Nice to see Mack and Roquan so active.

I think Fields will be so much better with a week of total starter preparation instead of series prep.  Despite the late Int he still had some huge drops and at least one TD dropped.  Should be interesting to see what the injury is with Dalton, I saw him pointing towards the side of the knee and highest part of the calf when he was talking to a team dr on the sideline 

I just wish Fields first start wasn’t against that browns defense but hey…who knows what can happen. Defense was better but man - 2 different awful penalties that extended drives. Quinn late hit and Gipson taunting. 

It is nice that Quinn has already made more plays in two games than he did all of last year. 

Am I crazy to say that I kind of agree with Nagy here? Preparing for Fields vs. preparing for Dalton as a defense is two totally different things, so why let the opponent know on Monday who is starting? It's a small advantage you have to play with. I know the media and fans won't like it, but I get it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

Am I crazy to say that I kind of agree with Nagy here? Preparing for Fields vs. preparing for Dalton as a defense is two totally different things, so why let the opponent know on Monday who is starting? It's a small advantage you have to play with. I know the media and fans won't like it, but I get it. 

Yeah there really is no reason to announce your starter. That being said injury updates are governed by rules so if Dalton is injured they have to provide something. 

43 minutes ago, Tony said:

Well after the press conference he sent someone back in there to reiterate that Dalton is the starter if healthy, so now it's only "is he healthy?"

This is where they just can't get out of their own way. How hard is it to say " Right now, Justin is starting for the Chicago Bears. Let’s see what happens with that, see how Andy is progressing, and we’ll assess everything week by week." 

31 minutes ago, Tony said:

This is where they just can't get out of their own way. How hard is it to say " Right now, Justin is starting for the Chicago Bears. Let’s see what happens with that, see how Andy is progressing, and we’ll assess everything week by week." 

Must....keep...promise.....to.......one year free agent stop gap 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Because they are badgered with questions from reporters that won't allow for simple answers.

23 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Because they are badgered with questions from reporters that won't allow for simple answers.

Wait, you're blaming the media here???

* I just heard the audio from Nagy. It was a full statement with no questions from the media. 

https://www.wbez.org/stories/chicago-bears-park-district-feud-over-soldier-field/d73155bd-b835-474c-a473-2a66701c3c8e

Newly obtained documents reveal the Chicago Bears and the Chicago Park District were rekindling a long-established rift in the months leading up to the Bears’ announcement that the team had placed a bid on a massive piece of property in the city’s northwest suburbs.

The documents depicting the rift between the Bears and Chicago Park District make plain why the team would want to pursue its options in Chicago’s suburbs, according to the mayor of Arlington Heights, who hopes to lure the team to his community.

36 minutes ago, Tony said:

Wait, you're blaming the media here???

* I just heard the audio from Nagy. It was a full statement with no questions from the media. 

Usually. If it was just statement and no questions then, no. The other day he was asked a question about it and got into a back and forth with a reporter who kept trying to get more information about it, Even about whether it was about scheme as to release more information.