2021 NFL Season Thread

56 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Nagy is Marc Trestman level of clueless.  This team has no chance with him calling plays.  Dude's gotta go. 

The only difference is Trestmam has more hc leadership competencies…he just is clueless at running an offense at its full and gets in the way of himself. If he took himself out of it and just added some input etc he probably would be pretty good but that is many years gone at this point. 

I would also say - many very good qbs suck early so I always expected a crap performance but how the bears strategy player into maximizing that is what is frustrating. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

The only difference is Trestmam has more hc leadership competencies…he just is clueless at running an offense at its full and gets in the way of himself. If he took himself out of it and just added some input etc he probably would be pretty good but that is many years gone at this point. 

I would also say - many very good qbs suck early so I always expected a crap performance but how the bears strategy player into maximizing that is what is frustrating. 

You would say Trestman had more HC competencies?  100 percent disagree there man, Nagy sucks but Trestman completely lost his locker room and frequently had pressers where he said shit like “I haven’t heard any of that. I didn’t hear all of it. I heard a lot about most of it, but what I did hear, I did not hear any of that.” After giving up 50 points out of the bye 

9 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Nagy was hired to install and run a high powered offensive system.  He has clearly shown he is incapable of doing the job he was hired to do so there is absolutely zero reason for him to be the head coach. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

You would say Trestman had more HC competencies?  100 percent disagree there man, Nagy sucks but Trestman completely lost his locker room and frequently had pressers where he said shit like “I haven’t heard any of that. I didn’t hear all of it. I heard a lot about most of it, but what I did hear, I did not hear any of that.” After giving up 50 points out of the bye 

Pretty sure he meant Nagy, not Trestman, based on what it says in the rest of that paragraph.  Just a mistype of the name.

I can't imagine anyone in this world defending Trestman's overall HC competencies.  What a disaster that was.

Edited by dasox24

39 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Oh that was a typo. Meant to say Nagy did. My bad - awful typo. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Nagy was hired to install and run a high powered offensive system.  He has clearly shown he is incapable of doing the job he was hired to do so there is absolutely zero reason for him to be the head coach. 

Don’t disagree at all. 

The ripping of Nagy has gone national. Basically saying he is totally incompetent or purposely tried to make Fields look bad, which has to be untrue. But I wonder if the amount of outcrys, many not the usual suspects, makes it more probable Nagy loses the lockeroom.

Edited by Dick Allen

My theory that I believe has like a 50% shot at being true is Nagy thought he would trick the Browns, who would expect their offense to be tailored to the strengths of a mobile QB, by instead running what Dalton would run.  And then when it wasn't working, he doesn't know what to do because he's like Ron Burgundy where he can only run what he put on his playsheet.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

My theory that I believe has like a 50% shot at being true is Nagy thought he would trick the Browns, who would expect their offense to be tailored to the strengths of a mobile QB, by instead running what Dalton would run.  And then when it wasn't working, he doesn't know what to do because he's like Ron Burgundy where he can only run what he put on his playsheet.

They know everything, what are we gonna do now!?!?

41 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The ripping of Nagy has gone national. Basically saying he is totally incompetent or purposely tried to make Fields look bad, which has to be untrue. But I wonder if the amount of outcrys, many not the usual suspects, makes it more probable Nagy loses the lockeroom.

At first, I thought the same but after thinking about it, I think there is a chance this was done on purpose.  Nagy is a nice guy but he's also an egomaniac and we've seen it with  our own eyes.  Years of subpar results and he is still leading play calling, continuously forces his "sit in the pocket" offense onto Mitch and now Fields, when they clearly are not that type of QB, he literally NEVER changes his game plans with AND without QB's that fit his style he's pushing.  These are traits that only an egomaniac would have. 

He's been getting hammered about not starting Fields, saying he isn't ready.  What what better way to show your idiot bosses that he isn't ready and buy himself more time than to have him out there as a sitting duck?

Edited by Chi Town Sox

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Garrett also said he's been chipped like 90% of snaps this year and last, but the Bears didn't chip him once and he was shocked. The Bears didn't chip him while also having a 40 year old retired LT. Amazing honestly.

But its the system to get the receivers into the pattern and leave the tackles on an island. It cannot be changed.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

But its the system to get the receivers into the pattern and leave the tackles on an island. It cannot be changed.

Typically a RB or TE is going to chip. The Bears don't use their TE's - never throw them the ball - and their RB's very rarely motion out.

You might be joking or being sarcastic, but it would make no sense to not keep more than 5 guys in against an elite pass rush.

40 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Typically a RB or TE is going to chip. The Bears don't use their TE's - never throw them the ball - and their RB's very rarely motion out.

You might be joking or being sarcastic, but it would make no sense to not keep more than 5 guys in against an elite pass rush.

I am being sarcastic that Nagy rarely seems to help the tackles similar to Reed. That nearly got Mahomes injured during the Super Bowl. 

I do wonder with Nagy on the whole set-up for failure, was there an aspect of, this guy is special...let me see how much he can really do but also kind of give him that rude awakening to put that extra hunger. I'm not saying there is logic to it (cause its not something I would do) but there wasn't much any logic in the entire decision. No max protection -> no quick hitting plays -> not using the ground game -> no screen game (given how much the Browns were pinning back and rushing the passer the RB screen game should have been a pretty good counter).  

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Garrett also said he's been chipped like 90% of snaps this year and last, but the Bears didn't chip him once and he was shocked. The Bears didn't chip him while also having a 40 year old retired LT. Amazing honestly.

lol and you wonder why people are saying Nagy was trying to make Fields look bad. 

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This - the game plan was just so bad that it makes you wonder.  

Nagy can't win either way. You're either so stupid and incompetent that you let what happened happen or you're an NFL head coach trying to sabotage your own team and future QB. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Nagy can't win either way. You're either so stupid and incompetent that you let what happened happen or you're an NFL head coach trying to sabotage your own team and future QB. 

I will also say that the overreaction is tough and I fully expect we'll see major steps forward which is all that matters. I come to zero conclusion on Fields based upon this performance.