2021 NFL Season Thread

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

but why now. They've known about them for years.

No they weren’t, they came out of discovery from a workplace misconduct suit against the WFT. They were going through 650k emails in just the last few months.

3 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Well, ya gotta hope that the Bears don't fall behind early. The packers looked extremely ordinary against New Orleans, who chose to run against them. 

OTOH, SF, Pittsburgh, and now Cincy all tried throwing it 35 times or more, and all lost to them. 

I maintain that successfully running the ball keeps Rogers off the field, keeps the defense rested, and keeps Fields upright. We'll see.

This has to be the game plan. 

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

This is always the best option in my opinion too. But as I said, it doesn't work against really good offenses who score quickly.

This. Defense has to make some stops early and offense has to score early. If both of those don’t happen - it turns into a train wreck against the Pack. 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Myer got caught doing what many athletes do on a weekly basis. The worst thing about the Meyer fiasco to me was that he did that instead of getting on the team plane. If he wants to be a shit husband that is his perogative but the only person he hurts with that decision is him/his family. 

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Myer got caught doing what many athletes do on a weekly basis. The worst thing about the Meyer fiasco to me was that he did that instead of getting on the team plane. If he wants to be a shit husband that is his perogative but the only person he hurts with that decision is him/his family. 

Oh fully agree, but this definitely takes a ton of focus off him

On 10/11/2021 at 9:27 PM, StrangeSox said:

Ptatc please explain how Fields' knee is still in one piece

No kidding. He's lucky it was a straight hyperextension. While that can cause injuries, the worst knee injuries have a rotational component to them.