2021 NFL Season Thread

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Was it really just honor system? I'm not sure I get it, or were packers just letting him.

There is no way it is honor system. At my work -> if I want to be in, I need to show proof (and we have to upload it in the system). No way with all these protocols NFL isn't doing the same. Rodgers petitioned the league for his treatment to be counted as VAX. It wasn't, now maybe they gave him some wiggle room for whatever treatment and there is a piece we are missing -> but this seems like a clear situation where a star player got beneficial treatment.

2 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

IF they actually follow the rules, there will be heavy fines for GB and suspension for Rodgers.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Was it really just honor system? I'm not sure I get it, or were packers just letting him.

C'mon, it's Aaron Rodgers.  He's gotta be 2nd only to Tom Brady in the NFL player fiefdom.

Put another way, I'll believe it when I see it.

20 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Technically Rodgers violated all the rules for going to the party since he is not vax. I think league has to come down hard on him, otherwise they are setting a total double standard. Would not be surprised to see him get hit with a suspension for violating Covid protocol. 

Unlikely as it is, I hope the NFL comes down hard on Rodgers. First of all, he lied. Secondly, even if he took a alternative to the vaccine, it obviously didn't work which shows he is another ignorant nut who won't listen to medical or scientific advice. And, of course, he endangered his teammates and other members of the Packers organization by contracting the virus. How about he sit the remainder of the season?

3 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Unlikely as it is, I hope the NFL comes down hard on Rodgers. First of all, he lied. Secondly, even if he took a alternative to the vaccine, it obviously didn't work which shows he is another ignorant nut who won't listen to medical or scientific advice. And, of course, he endangered his teammates and other members of the Packers organization by contracting the virus. How about he sit the remainder of the season?

Suspend Rodgers for 4 games, dock Packers top 2 draft picks in 2022 and top draft pick in 2023.

14 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

If he got an alternative vax and got sick that is a bit different (if it was one of the mainstream ones in another country). I don’t know if for example the nfl allows any of them but the 3 used in the US and there are others. Not saying I know his reason for getting another but if he got sino one and than got Covid that is different than he took some odd ball item. 

People who are vax still get Covid - that happens. Vax job is to make sure you don’t end up in ER or worse yet die. 

Now the lie or whatever else and actual punishment if he said one thing and did another - you all have already seen me all over fact it seemed like everyone knew he wasn’t vax and was getting special treatment. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

If he got an alternative vax and got sick that is a bit different (if it was one of the mainstream ones in another country). I don’t know if for example the nfl allows any of them but the 3 used in the US and there are others. Not saying I know his reason for getting another but if he got sino one and than got Covid that is different than he took some odd ball item. 

People who are vax still get Covid - that happens. Vax job is to make sure you don’t end up in ER or worse yet die. 

Now the lie or whatever else and actual punishment if he said one thing and did another - you all have already seen me all over fact it seemed like everyone knew he wasn’t vax and was getting special treatment. 

From what they are saying he took some sort of homeopathic treatment that boosted his immunities.  Sounds a bit sketchy considering the NFL was like "no absolutely not"

11 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

love 2 whine about "Woke Mobs" and then cite MLK as cover for my antivax woo nonsense lmao

MLK was pretty much the King of Woke.  Also if you ready ANY MLK work beyond the oft quoted stuff, you'd know that he'd be horrified to be quoted by most of hte people who quote him.,

• Like 1

The more Rodgers talks, the more stupid he sounds. He put himself at risk, and put everyone he came in contact with at risk. Just another dumb ass who thinks putting just about anything in his body will fight off COVID. Hope he never plays another NFL game, the dumb ass.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

MLK was pretty much the King of Woke.  Also if you ready ANY MLK work beyond the oft quoted stuff, you'd know that he'd be horrified to be quoted by most of hte people who quote him.,

Woke is just another word that has been co-opted to the point that it's original meaning is forgotten.

I've had some suspicions about Rodgers, but you could never really tell if he was being ironic or serious.

All he had to do was say, hey I thought I might be allergic to something in the vaccine, so I tried something else.  He would have gotten shit for it, but not too much.  Going off the rails and yelling about woke mobs and getting canceled (something only 70 years olds on Facebook call everything anymore) and saying you get medical advice from Joe Rogan, that is what made him look so dumb.