2021 NFL Season Thread

1 hour ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Do people actually believe that Nagy is closer to being fired after this game? 

I firmly believe that the McCaskeys believe it is awesome that Nagy lead this young QB to a late lead and near win on a Monday night at Heinz Field in front of the world. I think he bought himself some time. 

No, he didn't buy any time.  He made halftime adjustments but he had multiple glaring moments of no preparation and his team not knowing what they were supposed to do.  Pittsburgh isn't the big time road opponent that they used to be 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

No, he didn't buy any time.  He made halftime adjustments but he had multiple glaring moments of no preparation and his team not knowing what they were supposed to do.  Pittsburgh isn't the big time road opponent that they used to be 

I 100% agree with what you said after the first sentence, but he has had multiple glaring moments for four years now and nothing has changed. They said Nagy and Pace are here to grow together. 

I firmly believe the McCaskey’s think this was Fields coming out party and that Nagy is the reason for it finally coming together, even in a loss. 

As fans, we constantly harp on how stupid and lazy they are, why would that change here?  Fields threw for twice as many yards as his average per game against a very good defense on national TV. Without a doubt, they consider this a “good loss” and he bought himself time. 

They will continue to be stupid, until they prove they are not. 

6 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

I 100% agree with what you said after the first sentence, but he has had multiple glaring moments for four years now and nothing has changed. They said Nagy and Pace are here to grow together. 

I firmly believe the McCaskey’s think this was Fields coming out party and that Nagy is the reason for it finally coming together, even in a loss. 

As fans, we constantly harp on how stupid and lazy they are, why would that change here?  Fields threw for twice as many yards as his average per game against a very good defense on national TV. Without a doubt, they consider this a “good loss” and he bought himself time. 

They will continue to be stupid, until they prove they are not. 

Yea I am pretty sure the multiple Nationally televised embarrassments this season doomed them both.

yeah I don't think Nagy helped himself at all last night. At this point we know that even when Nagy adjusts, with enough time it will always revert back to his default - his offense that is just him basically calling the offense he'd have dominated if he coached himself 20 years ago.

5 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

Nagy's a clown. Your team just lost cause the refs totally misinterpreted an already dumb rule and you're still defending it? Why the hell is football heading towards 2010 baseball's "play the game the right way" bullshit? 

If they thought he'd embarrassed himself too many times, he would have been gone long ago or if it was going to happen, the second he walked in the door this morning.  He's still here which means the McCaskey's have the same thought process, that this is a learning experience and they will grow from it.  There is no common sense in the front office, why would we expect any difference now?  This discussion happens every single week amongst us, here we are four years later and still saying that Nagy isn't going to be around much longer, he didn't do himself any favors, etc.  FOUR YEARS!!!

Justin Fields was the top rated QB yesterday this week.  Pace will tell his bosses that his guy Nagy is finally starting to show that he can mold a quarterback and things are looking up, if Pace says otherwise, it looks bad on him.  

I'll also add that is is completely criminal that the Bears didn't make any moves to add draft capital.  Absolutely unforgivable and just more proof that we likely see no change in direction soon until they decide to sell.  

I will completely redact everything I say if they pull the trigger and can him today but I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Chi Town Sox

Just now, StrangeSox said:

Didn't feel like commenting that the ref literally hip checked the Bears player before throwing the yellow and taunting the player while doing so

Oh yea it was all around awful from Corrente.   He defended multiple bad calls when he talked to reporters after the game, none of the reasoning was sound

17 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I expect Pace will get promoted, they will than promote Champ (asst gm) to GM and will hire a new head coach.  I could be wrong, but I don't see Pace getting fired.  I think the McCaskey's think highly of him (even if we as fans don't) and I think they will give him a lot of credit for Fields (who is starting to flash).  I think he gets to hire a new head coach.  I think Phillips retains his title but no longer control over football decisions.  

“To replace Nagy (if that is what they choose to do) I wonder if a play calling head coach is what they need, or if it is better to find a CEO type and have a coordinator run the offense. Or does it make sense to try again and hire Brian Daboll or Eric Bienemy? I’m not sure what is appropriate with where they are at roster wise and with the resources they have and where the NFL is trending with head coaches.“

What do all of you think the next Bears coach should be like?

Edit: I’ll have to look up Champ and see where he was before and who he is connected to.

Edited by The Beast

12 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Man this is great news, much earlier than I expected. Let him learn with Peters as much as possible and he can take over in '22

Would be huge to go into the offseason feeling good about two young tackles. Boy, let's target a center then huh?

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Would be huge to go into the offseason feeling good about two young tackles. Boy, let's target a center then huh?

absolutely. Hopefully Teven looks the part and Bears only have to worry about getting a real C. I wouldn't mind getting Jenkins some G reps leaving Peters at T and Whitehair at C for the rest of the year. Mustipher is very bad

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

Exactly this - no guarantees and he hasn't had a lot of practice, etc, but just to get that work in would be huge vs. a totally lost season.