2021 NFL Season Thread

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Way to accept the penalty instead of getting 4th down.  Nagy is truly awful and this franchise is so screwed.

Choosing 3rd and 12 over 4th and 2 with that amount of time left is 100% the right call. It's just that the defense is awful. Only 5 quality players on that side of the ball and 3 of them are injured. Firing Nagy won't help if Pace is allowed to pick his successor and be in charge for another offseason.

1 hour ago, lostfan said:

I wish I was a fan of a better team, the Bears give me nothing, year in and year out. 

Imagine how Lions fans feel. But, at least they know they're going to suck. Bears always fall just short by blowing it on stupid plays or penalties. 

Edited by ScooterMcGee

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Imagine how Lions fans feel. But, at least they know they're going to suck. Bears always fall just short by blowing it on stupid plays or penalties. 

The Bears aren't a laughingstock like the Lions or the Browns, they are a perpetually mediocre team that accidentally stumbles into respectability like every 5 years

1 hour ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Fans were chanting Fire Nagy fairly loud. Gonna need to dial it up a lot more if they actually want that to happen. 

I bet it happens, but I don’t think it happens until the end of the year. I would be shocked if they fired Nagy before the season is over. I also am left wondering if Pace gets a different front office job and they bring in a new GM.

Roster turnover has to be coming too. Graham, Foles, Hicks and Robinson are probably gone and Mack is probably shopped. I’m not sold he would give a high return with the salary that he has.

That was an awful loss. I figured they were going to make things interesting record wise in 2nd half of seaso. - but todays game cemented it. At this point, I kind of expect them to lose to Lions. 

They left a ton of chunk plays on the field and the defense had a ton of breakdowns against an offense as crappy as the Ravens (given backup QB). 

On 11/19/2021 at 3:58 PM, Chisoxfn said:

They never went for it this year - they took a qb who looks like a top 2 overall pick. Should have done it every time. God forbid they didn’t - next draft looks awful for qb. 

The problem is they aren't going to be able to put a team around him before he can leave.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The problem is they aren't going to be able to put a team around him before he can leave.

It’s the nfl, you can rebuild in an offseason (worse to first happens regularly).  They  have cap space next year and massive cap space in two years and almost all their draft picks sans the 1st rounder. And they can trade Quinn and Mack and get more picks. They also have young oline men, a good young CB, Roquan, Montgomery/Herbert, Kmet.  If Fields is real this team is not far off at all. One season max until they can be a legit regular contender.

That is if Fields is the real deal. The Rams have won for years with no high picks and mediocre qb play. If Fields is legit and it is no guarantee but I like his chances - this team will be fun for bulk of this decade!