2021 NFL Season Thread

2 hours ago, lostfan said:

This Bears-Nagy situation is messy and unprofessional. If you're gonna fire the guy, then just do it. If you're not, say you're not, and that you're focused on the season. But don't do this amateur hour shit where you make him squirm in a press conference and pretend you're not.

IT is awful. They are treating him terribly. At this point they have to come out tomorrow and end this. It is not fair to treat a guy who is a good all around human, etc. He may not be the best head coach, but quite frankly he wasn't anywhere near the worst in franchise history and the poor guy is in an awful situation. He was super professional in the press conference and is handling this like a professional - despite the Bears handling this like amateur hour. 

Just an awful look. Either the report is true - at which point - you need to pull him aside and let him know this is it and quite frankly at this point you just need to rip the cord (if the report is true) and make the decision. Or the report is not true and you just say - Matt Nagy is our head football coach. We aren't happy with the results and regularly evaluate the process but there is no truth to the report out there that this is his last game (you don't need to promise his future etc - just state that the report is not true).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

At first I thought - meh it happens. But I was pretty busy during day. As it’s progressed, yeah this just all comes across as very mean.

The crazy part is - the silence says it all. This has to be true...but at that point, just get out in front of it and make the move.  Everyone in ownership/front office looks awful and they absolutely have to schedule a press conference and move on at this point.  

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

Cherry on top would be after all this they let Nagy finish the season lol what a debacle

That would be okay - I have zero problem sticking with Nagy until the end of the year.  Just cause some report is out there that doens't mean you need to change your mind - but you do have to get out in front of a report like this if you are ownership. You either speed up the process (because it was right) or you get out in front and say it is not true and he is our head coach and will be following the Lions game (you dont' need to promise anymore than that). But doing nothing - just classless.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Same as it ever was.

https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/news/titans-dave-mcginnis-nf

Dave McGinnis Once Was Bears Head Coach -- And Didn't Know It

The current Titans radio color analyst's pursuit of a 'dream job' turned into a nightmare due to numerous missteps by the venerable franchise.

Top-notch organization

• Fire 1

14 hours ago, Tony said:

Seriously, anyone defending this organization, or hoping for the best, or being optimistic....just stop. I don't care if you're the most positive person in the world...this organization has given you NOTHING to latch onto in the form of hope. NOTHING

This is exactly the types of reasons why when people tell me how close the Bears could be, I refuse to buy in.  They are their own worst enemy and a complete amateur hour in a world full of professional sports organizations.

13 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The crazy part is - the silence says it all. This has to be true...but at that point, just get out in front of it and make the move.  Everyone in ownership/front office looks awful and they absolutely have to schedule a press conference and move on at this point.  

I agree. If they now fire him after the game, making him go through all that was more than unprofessional, it was cruel. Someone leaked it. Once it was out, they had to fire him immediately or give him an extension and say the story was BS.

55 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is exactly the types of reasons why when people tell me how close the Bears could be, I refuse to buy in.  They are their own worst enemy and a complete amateur hour in a world full of professional sports organizations.

I agree. They are competing against franchises that are just in totally different classes than they are. It's still a mom and pop shop.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I agree. If they now fire him after the game, making him go through all that was more than unprofessional, it was cruel. Someone leaked it. Once it was out, they had to fire him immediately or give him an extension and say the story was BS.

Watch it be something dumb like they didn’t want to ruin his Thanksgiving by firing him.  Also, what’s the chances next coach is either Ryan Day or Pat Fitzgerald?

40 minutes ago, fathom said:

Watch it be something dumb like they didn’t want to ruin his Thanksgiving by firing him.  Also, what’s the chances next coach is either Ryan Day or Pat Fitzgerald?

Someone is listening to the score today

48 minutes ago, fathom said:

Pat Fizgerald's offense makes the Bears current offense appear modern. You know the Bears would be interested.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nope, been home all day. I’ve said for years that Fitzgerald was a strong possibility.  Day just makes sense because the Fields connection.  Who’s mentioned them on the Score today?

Holmes talked about both of them today

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Or, "we will be evaluating all positions after the season".

27 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nope, been home all day. I’ve said for years that Fitzgerald was a strong possibility.  Day just makes sense because the Fields connection.  Who’s mentioned them on the Score today?

Why do you think they are good possibilities? What kind of coach is Day, is he an offensive minded coach? Fitz is more of the CEO kind who probably is suited for the college level.

What kind of coach should they hire next? I don’t know if one who is also the play caller makes sense. Then again, according to Dan Pompei George McCaskey told the team and coaches that this story is false.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Why do you think they are good possibilities? What kind of coach is Day, is he an offensive minded coach? Fitz is more of the CEO kind who probably is suited for the college level.

What kind of coach should they hire next? I don’t know if one who is also the play caller makes sense. Then again, according to Dan Pompei George McCaskey told the team and coaches that this story is false.

Day is an offensive coach. He had a year each with the Eagles and Niners as QB coach. I think he'd be a great get, but I'm not sure why he'd want to leave Ohio State for a job where it's 50/50 whether or not you get fired within 4 years.

If you can pry McDaniels out of New England, he'd be my #1 choice.