2021 NFL Season Thread

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I want no part of Fitz

He just is Mr. Northwestern. I can’t see him as an NFL head coach. He probably relates better to college athletes and his defensive and offensive systems have been subpar. So he’d need some awesome coordinators to be successful.

5 hours ago, southsideirish71 said:

So if they fire Pace I do not want to see Ernie Acorsi near the bears "helping" them.

What about his hair piece?

Thats the problem, they are not football people. They might promote from within or hire a different consultant to see who they would want to bring in.

5 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Day is an offensive coach. He had a year each with the Eagles and Niners as QB coach. I think he'd be a great get, but I'm not sure why he'd want to leave Ohio State for a job where it's 50/50 whether or not you get fired within 4 years.

If you can pry McDaniels out of New England, he'd be my #1 choice.

Thanks for the scoop on Day. I’d love to see McDaniels as coach but I do wonder if he is better as a coordinator. I might be wrong but it seems like the play callers may miss things on the field, I have only seen people like Andy Reid and Sean Payton do that well.

I specifically don’t want a coach who is bringing a “system” he will rigidly fit his players into. Would much rather end up with some guy like Mike Vrabel next.

I mean, how could we possibly know if Ryan day is good? It doesn’t seem like it matters who coaches Ohio state, the part rolls on.

35 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

McCaskey: We're not firing Matt Nagy

Bears on Thanksgiving: You sure about that?

No - he didn’t say they weren’t firing him. They said the report was not true. There is a difference. He is getting canned (by the end of the year or sometime between now and the end of the year). 

13 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

Season ticket holder here, yes. 

Really, the loss doesn't really help the team.  The 1st rounder is gone anyways, without that, the only real incentive to lose is to get Nagy out the door quicker.  But it seems he lives to see another day.

Now, if they still had next years 1st, I would say hell yea, lose to the worst franchise in the league and hope that every head in the FO rolls tomorrow.  Sigh.  What could have been.

8 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

Season ticket holder here, yes. 

Did you want them to lose so he would be fired after the game and be held accountable? Would it make a difference now as opposed to the end of the year? And if Pace doesn’t get fired does it really matter if Nagy is fired? 

25 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Really, the loss doesn't really help the team.  The 1st rounder is gone anyways, without that, the only real incentive to lose is to get Nagy out the door quicker.  But it seems he lives to see another day.

Now, if they still had next years 1st, I would say hell yea, lose to the worst franchise in the league and hope that every head in the FO rolls tomorrow.  Sigh.  What could have been.

Right. No first rounder makes it so there is little to no incentive. It’s almost better to just keep the lame duck coach a la Fassel to agree to coach until the inevitable at the end of the year. I am also a Nagy fan who hopes he will get another chance in the NFL as an OC and eventually as a head coach if he is fired. He hasn’t been the offensive guru he was hired to be but he at least had some good attributes about him. Then again I don’t know if a play calling head coach makes a sense for many coaches. CEO types make more sense.

11 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Did you want them to lose so he would be fired after the game and be held accountable? Would it make a difference now as opposed to the end of the year? And if Pace doesn’t get fired does it really matter if Nagy is fired? 

Essentially yes. A loss to a winless team in the national spotlight might hasten the front office changes that need to happen. Is there a big difference between now and the end of the season? Probably not. But I’d rather see the changes sooner than later. 

As for draft picks, they don’t have their first rounder but high second round guys are still worth something.

It is in their best interest as an organization to lose. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Beast said:

They couldn't have fired him even if they lost today based on what they said to players and select media members after it was leaked Nagy was going away.. What would be funny is if Nagy or his agent leaked it.

1 hour ago, Marqhead said:

Essentially yes. A loss to a winless team in the national spotlight might hasten the front office changes that need to happen. Is there a big difference between now and the end of the season? Probably not. But I’d rather see the changes sooner than later. 

As for draft picks, they don’t have their first rounder but high second round guys are still worth something.

It is in their best interest as an organization to lose. 

At least you’re honest about it and admit your reasons. Some fans just say fire Nagy and don’t have anything more to say, particularly about who they want hired instead. Who do you think fits the bill for them as their next head coach? What do you think happens with the front office?

Anyone remember those football tables from the 70s/80s where you'd line up the toy football players, turn the power on, and the vibration of the table would have the players moving in random directions? This is roughly equivalent to watching the Bears offense.

• Like 1