2021 NFL Season Thread

16 hours ago, The Beast said:

Is anyone against . . .

No matter how you finish it the answer is yes. This is Soxtalk. At a minimum if everyone is for it, Greg will be against it and Caul will have well sourced 1,000 word essays that may be for or against, it's just hard to tell. 

It's why we love this place.

• Haha 2

I've got to stop watching Packers games because I get so angry at all the bullshit calls in Aaron Rodgers' favor. 3rd and 10 and he gets a phantom PI call. Following play an obvious offensive PI gets ignored on a TD pass.

This kind of shit is why I won't bet on football games. Officials influence the outcome too often.

This team looks like they quit on the coach.  Way too many mistakes, poor decisions, poor execution.

I’m a buckeye and was so pumped for Fields.  I’m really hoping a new coach can reduce some of these boneheaded decisions.  He can look great on some plays and so bad on others.

Obviously last night was a slog, and every year of my life december january has just been waiting for the football slog to be over and staring at disbelief at the other teams that aren't just a slog and wondering how every year is the same...

however

they just had a week where all of their coordinators were unsure if they could be there, half their team disappeared. Not that surprised they looked terrible especially with fields and I didn't think he looked that bad.

It's amazing to me with the bears offensive staff under nagy just how unaware of their roster's capabilities they are. They are not a very talented group on offense anyway, as seen by the huge disparity in $ investment. But it feels like a yearly occurrence where someone like Cordarelle Patterson or Mike Davis leaves after being useless and suddenly finding relevance again doing exactly what they seem to be good at. Any roster craziness like last night is a death warrant for a game under nagy because they always seem completely unaware what their players are good at and clearly bad at teaching their players what they want them to be good at.

They have been remarkably good at power runs and just seem as a team completely disinterested in doing that. Just hitches. Lots and lots of hitches.

Defensively it was a nice game to see, a game without much of the higher priced talent that you ideally shed. Now, quinn is an insanely productive player and he was on the field. As was Hicks.

But at this point I'd expect the next FO to try to recoup and send out the higher priced defensive talent and provide some balance toward their QBs talent group. Quinn, Mack need to fetch high picks. Goldman can save $6M. 

It's rough but if they have two cost-controlled tackles and a rookie QB it should be doable with a good front office and staff. 

• Like 1