2021 NFL Season Thread

11 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

It also means being in the bottom group requires you to be extraordinarily bad.

the Bears are.

Like the Sox. One big run for the Bulls another nice streak by the Hawks with decades of historically horrible teams on either side. 

Easily Chicago has thev worst collection of sports teams. At least it isn't staring me in the face every day. 

Well, the Bears aren't the only ones suffering from awful officiating. Seahawks got totally screwed last night.

There are far too many games with outcomes decided by officiating. Something needs to change. I never did a lot of sports betting to begin with but my football bets are zero now. Don't trust the outcomes.

25 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Like the Sox. One big run for the Bulls another nice streak by the Hawks with decades of historically horrible teams on either side. 

Easily Chicago has thev worst collection of sports teams. At least it isn't staring me in the face every day. 

I wouldn’t rank the Bulls nearly as bad as the others. They had about 2 decades of arrogant, bad leadership, but Reinsdorf giving up control to a younger one has definitely changed something fundamental about that team. It is certainly possible to fix fundamental problems like the ones that franchise dealt with. I don’t know how good they will be in the end, but I think it will now be many years before I again have to think about the Bulls trading a good player for a draft pick before he hits free agency.

46 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Well, the Bears aren't the only ones suffering from awful officiating. Seahawks got totally screwed last night.

There are far too many games with outcomes decided by officiating. Something needs to change. I never did a lot of sports betting to begin with but my football bets are zero now. Don't trust the outcomes.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/platform/amp/2021/4/8/22372474/baltimore-ravens-nfl-rule-change-adding-booth-umpire-2021

Maybe the NFL needs more of this and the umpire can correct the calls with intel from the booth. It can’t be the easiest thing seeing some things with how fast the game goes in real-time.

3 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

Good thing the McCaskey’s are too classy to fire a great coach like Nagy in season. Keep those principles!

So he's purposely tanking? How does he benefit him either short or long term?

2 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

As a ND fan I’m really rooting for Kmet to succeed but it has been tough at times, this article has gotten me off the ledge. 

https://dabearsblog.com/2021/atm-cole-kmet-is-right-on-schedule

Kmet had a drop of two - but when you consider his age and what he has done since about week 4 - he is the least of the Bears worries. Is he Kittle or Kelce, no - but as stats have pointed out - those guys were still in college while he has been on track to be a top 10 TE (by yards) since 4th/5th game of the season.  He won't be a 1000 yard TE - but he is absolutely a Kyle Rudolph type and that is not a bad thing, especially when you think how good of a blocker he is.  

8 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Kmet had a drop of two - but when you consider his age and what he has done since about week 4 - he is the least of the Bears worries. Is he Kittle or Kelce, no - but as stats have pointed out - those guys were still in college while he has been on track to be a top 10 TE (by yards) since 4th/5th game of the season.  He won't be a 1000 yard TE - but he is absolutely a Kyle Rudolph type and that is not a bad thing, especially when you think how good of a blocker he is.  

I think a good comp for him is Mark Andrews, I think he can put up that kind of production. He would go at wide sometimes at ND, maybe a more imaginative play caller does that next year.

But what a waste this season has been. If Fields was the starter from the jump, we’d probably know a lot more about the skill players on offense, Kmet and Mooney especially. They’d probably have better numbers too. 

12 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

As a ND fan I’m really rooting for Kmet to succeed but it has been tough at times, this article has gotten me off the ledge. 

https://dabearsblog.com/2021/atm-cole-kmet-is-right-on-schedule

Kmet receiving criticism at this point in his career is more evidence why Bear fans are easily the dumbest fan base in professional sports.  

So to me the real hindsight question is what would the Bears have looked like with Wentz. I think Colts have been pretty happy with him and he was likely a relative value. I know there was all the Wilson talk but Wentz might have saved them both (or more likely not cause Nagy has no clue how to run an offense). 

I keep hoping there is some smoke to the Payton stuff. It will somehow fail if it happens cause bears will be bears but man would it at least give me some initial excitement that things really will be different. 

13 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

So to me the real hindsight question is what would the Bears have looked like with Wentz. I think Colts have been pretty happy with him and he was likely a relative value. I know there was all the Wilson talk but Wentz might have saved them both (or more likely not cause Nagy has no clue how to run an offense). 

I keep hoping there is some smoke to the Payton stuff. It will somehow fail if it happens cause bears will be bears but man would it at least give me some initial excitement that things really will be different. 

Give me the Colts OL  (the starters, not the guys that played last night) and J Taylor and I can make just about any QB look good.

Foles played decent. He is a good back up. Either way I expect a report later tonight or tomorrow that says Bears inform Nagy he will be gone (either effective immediately or at end of year). The real question is whether they also announce anything on Pace. 

I have a hunch it will be an interesting week off the field for the Bears.