2021 NFL Season Thread

On 1/3/2022 at 9:53 AM, CentralChamps21 said:

Here are the tiebreaker rules:

So if the Bears beat the Vikings

1. head-to-head would be split 1-1.
  2. Division record would be tied at 3-3.
  3. Common opponents are LAR, CIN, CLE, DETx2, GBx2, SF, PIT, BAL, ARI, SEA. I had these records wrong in my previous post. Both teams were 4-8 in those games.
  4. Conference records would both be 5-7
  5. Strength of victory will change as the week 18 games are played, but is currently .441 for the Vikings and .354 for the Bears. I don't think it can change that much. Vikings will essentially finish ahead of the Bears because they beat Green Bay once.

Someone please check my work. I made a mistake in my previous post so I certainly could have made one here.

https://www.vikings.com/news/bears-week-18-early-look-2021-season-finale

Vikings website confirms what I said, Bears can win and still get the 3rd place schedule next year. Vikings would win the 5th tiebreaker to remain in 2nd place.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 11:34 AM, Chisoxfn said:

I would actually be pretty happy with BOB the head coach as a hire (if the Bears went that route). They won't (or at least I presume they wont').  But he is a very good head coach (IMO).  We also have seen him develop a young QB.  BOB the front office GM, awful. BOB the pure head coach...pretty pretty good.  

The problem is he got his front office fired to take over so you wouldn’t know what kind of situation you are getting even if he was just HC.

10 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

New name for the Bears offense: Death by a thousand field goals.

At least they are moving down the field. They need some more playmaking to help in red zone, plus better QB play and probably better play calling too. 

Such a Nagy way of losing. No one got hurt so I consider it a perfect ending - other than Borom looked like straight trash in Q4. Jenkins played very well in 2nd half. 

Thanks for one fun year Nagy and the class you handled yourself with. Wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope the next head coach can do his thing. Please tell me we get a real good GM too here. 

I just can't understand or wrap my head around the idea of getting excited about the Bears future with Pace still calling the shots. 

He's responsible for 0 playoff wins in 7 seasons. He's made brutal roster decisions that have been well documented. He's made bad coaching hires and clearly can't evaluate the QB position which is the most important position in sports. 

A new head coach isn't going to solve those problems. Nagy needed to go 100%, but if Pace doesn't go....you're not solving your problem. The Bears are essentially going on a diet, but still ordering pizza, burgers, and cake.....but switching from regular coke to diet coke in hopes to save some calories. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

I just can't understand or wrap my head around the idea of getting excited about the Bears future with Pace still calling the shots. 

He's responsible for 0 playoff wins in 7 seasons. He's made brutal roster decisions that have been well documented. He's made bad coaching hires and clearly can't evaluate the QB position which is the most important position in sports. 

A new head coach isn't going to solve those problems. Nagy needed to go 100%, but if Pace doesn't go....you're not solving your problem. The Bears are essentially going on a diet, but still ordering pizza, burgers, and cake.....but switching from regular coke to diet coke in hopes to save some calories. 

Yes

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Something I hope some of the Bears fan base gets through their thick heads.

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

My only answer is - Pace picking a GM (if that is what happens) might be a lot better than Ted/George doing it. It isn’t what I would do but that is the rose colored glasses view. 

I mean he couldn’t do worse than Ted and George did. But boy would I feel a lot different if instead they brought in a Pete Carol or leaned on a Harbaugh or someone else. 

41 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

My only answer is - Pace picking a GM (if that is what happens) might be a lot better than Ted/George doing it. It isn’t what I would do but that is the rose colored glasses view. 

I mean he couldn’t do worse than Ted and George did. But boy would I feel a lot different if instead they brought in a Pete Carol or leaned on a Harbaugh or someone else. 

But we’ve seen it too many times in this city….Gar/Pax, AK/ME, KW/Hahn….even with these two man systems in place, the top dog is still the one signing off on big decisions. Pax was still in charge with Gar as GM. Hahn still reports to his boss, KW. 

I don’t want Pace anywhere near the decision making process for the team I’d like to root for. He isn’t good at that job, and he’s had 7 years to show that to us. Why should any of think the guy he hires for GM will be talented? Is Pace going to hire someone who sees TOTALLY differently than he does? Because that’s the only way you sell me on that lol. 

It’s just maddening because the Bears have the blueprint right there with what the Bulls did. Clean slate, start fresh. AK/ME/Billy Donovan are all in this together…if Nagy goes and Pace stays…..1. How much rope does Pace have? What coach wants to stake his reputation to Pace? 2. Of Pace doesn’t have a lot of rope, and might be fired in the next 1-2 seasons, now you have a new GM coming in with a head coach the last guy picked….not ideal. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

But we’ve seen it too many times in this city….Gar/Pax, AK/ME, KW/Hahn….even with these two man systems in place, the top dog is still the one signing off on big decisions. Pax was still in charge with Gar as GM. Hahn still reports to his boss, KW. 

I don’t want Pace anywhere near the decision making process for the team I’d like to root for. He isn’t good at that job, and he’s had 7 years to show that to us. Why should any of think the guy he hires for GM will be talented? Is Pace going to hire someone who sees TOTALLY differently than he does? Because that’s the only way you sell me on that lol. 

It’s just maddening because the Bears have the blueprint right there with what the Bulls did. Clean slate, start fresh. AK/ME/Billy Donovan are all in this together…if Nagy goes and Pace stays…..1. How much rope does Pace have? What coach wants to stake his reputation to Pace? 2. Of Pace doesn’t have a lot of rope, and might be fired in the next 1-2 seasons, now you have a new GM coming in with a head coach the last guy picked….not ideal. 

Agree with everything you said. 

12 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

What difference does it make firing him today vs. waiting until tomorrow to do it? What is their to decide on? Get it over with already.

He’s in Minnesota man. He’s a real person.