2021 NFL Season Thread

22 minutes ago, Texsox said:

That is weird. I believe unsaid is anyone can claim they are expecting to be interviewed, Fowler took and additional step to verify if there was something to the statement.  By the way, as a source next to Jas, I'm telling everyone he's expecting to be interviewed for the GM position.  

Is this a position for a 1st time HC or is this a position for a fired HC? ( and they all have been fired). I'm not that excited about Caldwell. 

Haha - I can confirm there are probably some aspects of the job I would eventually do better than anyone on the club today (quite frankly I do think with time I could be Ted Phillips on steroids)…but if I were in charge of roster personnel - people would be begging for Pace to come back haha. 

33 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Haha - I can confirm there are probably some aspects of the job I would eventually do better than anyone on the club today (quite frankly I do think with time I could be Ted Phillips on steroids)…but if I were in charge of roster personnel - people would be begging for Pace to come back haha. 

We can confirm that Chisoxfn  has considered possibilities with the club. Negotiating responsibilities in roster moves seems to be the sticking point. Wedo know sides are closer to a deal than last week. News should be out by Tuesday.   #beefstandguessing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I believe Hacket and Flores are on the docket today in terms of HC candidates. Seems to be a ton of recent press around now dynamic Hacket is. I just think anyone can look good around Rodgers but I get the fact that he did get a crazy good year out of Bortles. 

If it weren’t for Nagy and how bad that went I probably wouldn’t be as anti Hackett. 

Am I wrong, but didn’t Bortles also get progressively worse under Hackett?  And I don’t believe he calls plays right now for the Packers, so hard to give him too much credit.

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Am I wrong, but didn’t Bortles also get progressively worse under Hackett?  And I don’t believe he calls plays right now for the Packers, so hard to give him too much credit.

He stunk the next year and got canned. So yeah. If anything I am grasping at straws. I still go back to…if Flores gets well vetted he could be good, Bowles is good, Dabol could be great (although I don’t know much about him prior to his success with Bills but really like how they have adapted as league caught up them this year). 

3 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I just realized that a team that lost to the Bears is about to win a playoff game.

Hey now, there’s a lot of time left and this is the Bengals. 

Edit: the big woosh was that going right over my head. 

Edited by Marqhead

Just now, fathom said:

Didn’t impact the play IMO

Hard to be sure. It did look like defensive players stopped at the whistle but maybe they couldn't have stopped the pass anyway. Regardless, once the whistle got blown, they should have killed the play. They essentially disobeyed the rule to cover up their mistake.

F it - Bears should just hire Shoen and Dabol. Seriously I don’t want to over think this. Bills have drafted well, made good trades, run a good team. Don’t get cute and take the two Bills guys. Than see if Dabol can go lure Fangio to be DC :). 

I want Dabol building an offense around Fields. I also want Dabol bringing Ken Dorsey with him. 

• Like 1

I mean just look at how they get Allen into space and use his legs to really put defense in tough spot. They use his legs to open pass game, simplify the read, and put them in spot to get low risk chunk yards with his legs. It’s beautiful and Fields has similar skill set. 

14 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I mean just look at how they get Allen into space and use his legs to really put defense in tough spot. They use his legs to open pass game, simplify the read, and put them in spot to get low risk chunk yards with his legs. It’s beautiful and Fields has similar skill set. 

I was taking with one of our coaches and asked how they can spend so much time breaking down film. To understand if the Bears could put in motion the same game plan you have to analyze position by position why it worked then ask do the Bears have the personel currently on roster. It's impressive how much time football coaches spend in this sort of work. 

Dolphins will interview him in person while Bears doing zoom. I get a feeling Dolphins will beat him to the punch. Now whether he prefers going to Miami who has shown a history or short strings is the real question. 

At this point I think Flores goes to Giants or Texans. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-become-the-first-team-in-nfl-history-to-pitch-a-perfect-offensive-game-in-playoff-win-over-patriots/

In the Bills' 47-17 blowout victory over the New England Patriots, Buffalo never punted, kicked a field goal, nor turned the ball over -- the first team in league history to go an entire game with no kicks, punts, or turnovers. 

Trubisky took a knee for the last two plays of the game, because if you want to lose yards in a playoff game, you want someone who has experience at it.

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Dolphins will interview him in person while Bears doing zoom. I get a feeling Dolphins will beat him to the punch. Now whether he prefers going to Miami who has shown a history or short strings is the real question. 

At this point I think Flores goes to Giants or Texans. 

For Dobell?  I’ll admit, I try not to overreact to playoff games, but it was impossible to not be incredibly impressed last night.  That being said, the only coach who we should even consider hiring before a GM is Harbaugh.  Under no circumstance is Daboll a good enough candidate to force onto your new GM.  That’s the type of shit that has killed us since the beginning of the Ted Phillips era.

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

For Dobell?  I’ll admit, I try not to overreact to playoff games, but it was impossible to not be incredibly impressed last night.  That being said, the only coach who we should even consider hiring before a GM is Harbaugh.  Under no circumstance is Daboll a good enough candidate to force onto your new GM.  That’s the type of shit that has killed us since the beginning of the Ted Phillips era.

I agree - they need the GM. 

• Like 1