2021 NFL Season Thread

Schoen goes to NYG. National writers pushing Flores there as well.

Seemed like from buffalo beat writers even if bears prioritized him, he wanted those 2 first round picks and clean slate.

I still think about, even with Morocco Brown and liking him, how Beane was GM and brought Schoen with. Schoen definitely has an eye for talent, but I still would really like a guy like Khan whom I think has a good chance at bringing good scouts in place and should have the skill of managing the assets well and giving his scouts enough shots to score. Or else you risk, like with Pace, consistently falling in love with draft targets and falling behind and never catching back up.

• Like 1

One name to watch - the Ravens Asst GM (Horitz or something like that).  Bears are set to interview him soon (I think) and he is very tight w/John Harbaugh.  My presumption is the Jim Harbaugh possibility increases greatly if they go with Horitz.  

Ravens fired their DC - who has been very good. I am curious to see if Fangio ends up there....might be a sign on whether Jim is making his way back to NFL (or not).  I still go back to - at some point Jim signs an extension/gets raise with Michigan...so fact that he hasn't yet tells me he truly is interested in going back to the NFL.  If he was 100% set on staying in college - he would have already agreed to a pay increase (cause I guarantee Michigan has offered him something at this point).  

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Ravens fired their DC - who has been very good. I am curious to see if Fangio ends up there....might be a sign on whether Jim is making his way back to NFL (or not).  I still go back to - at some point Jim signs an extension/gets raise with Michigan...so fact that he hasn't yet tells me he truly is interested in going back to the NFL.  If he was 100% set on staying in college - he would have already agreed to a pay increase (cause I guarantee Michigan has offered him something at this point).  

Would Harbaugh pick the Bears over the Raiders though?

Ok, dust cleared and things seem pretty sensible. Eberflus is now on Wednesday, and Khan and Brown now on Monday appear to round up the GM group. I’d have to believe They expect in person interviews Tues/Wed and Allen on zoom Tues.

Finalists would appear to be Poles (KC) and Brown (IND) with Khan a strong possibility . Maybe Glen cook too.

Seems like Harbaugh isn’t happening.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Ok, dust cleared and things seem pretty sensible. Eberflus is now on Wednesday, and Khan and Brown now on Monday appear to round up the GM group. I’d have to believe They expect in person interviews Tues/Wed and Allen on zoom Tues.

Finalists would appear to be Poles (KC) and Brown (IND) with Khan a strong possibility . Maybe Glen cook too.

Seems like Harbaugh isn’t happening.

I wonder if it is possible that they hire the GM before the second round of interviews and then he joins Polian and the rest of the crew for those interviews.

8 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Could come down to a field goal attempt in the snow. Anybody wanna bet against Gould?

Good as Gould. I remember how pissed I was when they cut him. I think a few people on this board said I was wrong too - nope - I wasn’t. He should have only worn a Bear uniform! 

Here it is: Goulds kick forces Rodgers to reevaluate his career and retire. Bears blind into a great head coach and GM and Justin Fields becomes the next true franchise qb! Meanwhile Green Bay begins to experience true crap going from Love to turd after turd for next 3 decades!!!  You heard it here first :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Could come down to a field goal attempt in the snow. Anybody wanna bet against Gould?

Was it Seattle where Robbie hit a game winner in the playoffs. Maybe the game before we crushed Saints en route to the super bowl?