2021 NFL Season Thread

Normally I'm all for media sites running with stories. I understand the economics of a scoop like this and I'm certain they felt they were on solid ground with their sources. But I can't help but feel he was cheated out of making the announcement himself. It seems really unfair. 

Now I hope he sticks around for one more year.

1 hour ago, Vacheron said:

Yeah, and then Harbaugh will be out in about four years when the Vikings get sick of him.

Seems like a four years from now problem.

Fun thing to think about is the bears and eagles both fired their longtime coaches after 2012 and have both had 3 coaches since (bears on 4).

All 3 of their coaches made the playoffs, and one a super bowl.

Bears only got two winning seasons and 2 playoffs, with no wins.

So basically I don’t care if he’s not likely to be a 40 year coach. They need to start stacking winning seasons.

So @bmags, @Chisoxfn, while he isn't a veteran voice, bringing in someone like this, another voice in the room for Poles to go to....I really endorse/like. Even them adding someone with a different title than has been in the building before is a step in the right direction, to me.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

So @bmags, @Chisoxfn, while he isn't a veteran voice, bringing in someone like this, another voice in the room for Poles to go to....I really endorse/like. Even them adding someone with a different title than has been in the building before is a step in the right direction, to me.

This move has me super excited. Tremendous hire and great to see they are adding to the front office. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Now go get me Pep or someone else real good to help with Fields. I was once excited that the Bears hired Terry O’Shea so hopefully this isn’t that equivalent but it seems like people think he is a super bright offensive mind. 

9 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Jim Harbaugh and Fangio in Minnesota would suck if it happened. Bears fans would be pissed. 

A year ago, Harbaugh had his salary cut in half because of bad results. His brother gifted him a DC that changed everything,  now is taking that gift back. 

To me, the advantage he had is he had proven Henan win in the NFL with good players. Whether or not he is truly any better of a coach than what else is out there,  to me, is a crapshoot.

Also, I would be stunned if the Bears didn't kick the tires with him.  I'm also sure they checked on Ryan Day. Teams keep the contact with the college guys low so if they aren't hired, it doesn't give their players and recruits the impression they are looking to leave. The fact that this Harbaugh/Vikings thing leak either means he's taking the job or was to gethis extension in gear.

Edited by Dick Allen

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

A year ago, Harbaugh had his salary cut in half because of bad results. His brother gifted him a DC that changed everything,  now is taking that gift back. 

To me, the advantage he had is he had proven Henan win in the NFL with good players. Whether or not he is truly any better of a coach than what else is out there,  to me, is a crapshoot.

Honestly I hope this is true now (obviously) but I think Harbaugh is still a good coach.

On one hand, the NFL is a lot different that when he was successful, especially offensively. On the other, he’s been facing these offenses in college.

I think he tailors his coaching to his players and that’s a strong compliment. College recruiting can be an awkward game, but I think it’s fair that he may not have overachieved on the whole.

12 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Jim Harbaugh and Fangio in Minnesota would suck if it happened. Bears fans would be pissed. 

And why shouldn't they? Proven Super Bowl coach, still in his prime, former Bears player and the Bears don't even take an interview with him. Back to the wonderful world of the unproven assistants. 

Really thought the Bears would go big this year, but not to be. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I feel a little better with him going to Miami. Seems like that owner would trump any offer.

If I’m Minny I think I go Demeco Ryans but we’ll see.

I definitely realized with these big coaches how Bears can never get one. They need a strong owner to negotiate with a Harbaugh or McDaniels and organize the GM type stuff there. George is too scared, he committed to staying out of the way now he’s trying to orchestrate both positions at once?

Doesnt guarantee any results, but definitely is the reason we will always be a first job (or pre retirement when it comes to Fox)

59 minutes ago, bmags said:

Kind of slightly bummed Bears didn’t do this. They had to have had the ability to pull him. Either way me complaining does no good. Let’s go Poles/Flus. Most importantly - Fields - I hope you are putting in a ton of work this offseason and take things next level next year!!! 

14 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

What a game. Football at it’s finest!

Nfl just can’t be stopped. In a year facing the conplete turnover of its epic QB generation, the new group puts together a playoff for the ages.

Go Bengals