2021 NFL Season Thread

3 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Personally I dont think there is anyway Arlington Heights can compete with walking around Chicago before and after a game. The main difference is that the Bears get $0 when I leave and spend my money elsewhere in the city.

Its really just an unfortunate by product of the Friends of the Park. Had they been unsuccessful, Im pretty sure the city and Bears could have worked something out for the area around Soldier Field and McCormick. As it stands there is just to much risk in any agreement because there are some ultrawealthy people around that area who dont want anything to be built that could get in the way of their views of the lake. 

I agree with the second paragraph . Not the first though. You need to walk a long way from Soldier field to find any type of entertainment. So most fans leave for home right after the game or sit and tailgate for a little while for traffic to clear.  If there were bars/resteraunts within walking distance as the new site would propose it would increase that tremendously. And the money would go to the team which is what they are looking for.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No, I'm not a big parking lot guy but I'm certainly not a big private business buying up lakefront land that has been off limits for the entirety of the cities existence guy. The city has sold it's soul away for the mighty dollar enough already; leave the damn lake front alone.

But that wasn't the case.  It was never off limits back in the day.  It was littered with rail lines.  Go read up on Daniel Burnham and the 1909 city plan.  It's the reason the lakefront is the way it is today. 

For once, I have found something that Paul Sullivan has written that I agree with. Regarding the proposed move of the Bears to Arlington Heights, Sullivan wrote: "Take your 1.1 yards per play and get out of town." Exactly.

For the better part of the last 60 years, this organization has been completely inept. They have one quarterback controversy after another that are not really controversies. Forget having a great QB like Brady or Rodgers. The team cannot even have a serviceable quarterback. This is no controversy. All their quarterbacks stink.

It is obscene that an organization like this makes money like it does when it puts a lousy product on the field decade after decade. Yes, move, but don't move to the suburbs. Move out of the country. Please.

2 hours ago, NWINFan said:

For once, I have found something that Paul Sullivan has written that I agree with. Regarding the proposed move of the Bears to Arlington Heights, Sullivan wrote: "Take your 1.1 yards per play and get out of town." Exactly.

For the better part of the last 60 years, this organization has been completely inept. They have one quarterback controversy after another that are not really controversies. Forget having a great QB like Brady or Rodgers. The team cannot even have a serviceable quarterback. This is no controversy. All their quarterbacks stink.

It is obscene that an organization like this makes money like it does when it puts a lousy product on the field decade after decade. Yes, move, but don't move to the suburbs. Move out of the country. Please.

I enjoy going the NFL games. Although by the time this happens, I won't purchase PSLs at the new stadium as I will be close to leaving this wonderful state.

Defense played well and offense was better. Fields still was a tad slow on decision making at times - but also threw some dimes and had some special plays. Nice to see the Mooney I expect all year and Robinson showed up finally later on as well. 

Hopefully Montgomery injury not a tear. But nice bounce back performance and nice to see how Fields responded to that kind of adversity after his first start.