8/31 game thread Sox vs Pirates 7:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Now this is a little 2 game series they should sweep.  

And if they do they will finally be above  21 games over .500, which, I believe, they have hit 3 times only to fall back each time.

The Rays at 35 above .500 have just about run away with Home field advantage for the AL but Houston, Oakland , NY, Boston and Sox are all vying for HFA in the early stages of the playoffs unless, of course, they play TB.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And they they do they will finally be above  21 games over .500, which, I believe, they have hit 3 times only to fall back each time.

The Rays at 35 above .500 have just about run away with Home field advantage for the AL but Houston, Oakland , NY, Boston and Sox are all vying for HFA in the early stages of the playoffs unless, of course, they play TB.

They are 18-1 against the Orioles.  Makes me more confident should we see them in the ALCS.  Talk about your bum slaying.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

They are 18-1 against the Orioles.  Makes me more confident should we see them in the ALCS.  Talk about your bum slaying.

They are still 18 over taking TB away and play in a tough division. That is very impressive actually. 

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Holy crap.  I had no idea that they got that fat on one team.  That's why you play em all though.

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

They are still 18 over taking TB away and play in a tough division. That is very impressive actually. 

They have a good team, Sox, when fully healthy, have a team that can compete with any.  Let the best team win, or failing that the team that gets hot at the right time.